is dish network using old voom dishes?

Carrotwood Kennel

Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
I called DISH a few days ago to resubscribe and get the voom channels. I have an old Dish 500 system plus my Voom dish. I was told I would get a new HD receiver for the HD channels using my old Dish dish, but I would need a new dish pointed the other way for the voom channels. Is this so? The rep also said maybe the tech could use my old Voom dish with my new receiver. Is this so? I really miss the voom channels but forking over an extra $100.00 for another dish doesn't seem right. How is everyone set up to get Voom?

Thanks a bunch.

Looks like you have a legacy system. All you will need is a HD receiver and a sw 21 switch to cascade off the present switch connected to your Voom dish, t
The old Voom dish and lnb will work as they sit and pointed.

Carrotwood Kennel said:
I called DISH a few days ago to resubscribe and get the voom channels. I have an old Dish 500 system plus my Voom dish. I was told I would get a new HD receiver for the HD channels using my old Dish dish, but I would need a new dish pointed the other way for the voom channels. Is this so? The rep also said maybe the tech could use my old Voom dish with my new receiver. Is this so? I really miss the voom channels but forking over an extra $100.00 for another dish doesn't seem right. How is everyone set up to get Voom?

Thanks a bunch.

No you can use your old dish. All you need is a switch. If they don't want to install it you can do it yourself.