HD Only Package ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ndcart

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
TX
I just saw a twitter comment about HD only packages that I'm not convinced of. A user asked Dish what happened to his SD receivers if he upgraded to an HD only channel package. The agent told him he would have to upgrade all of his receivers to HD receivers to receive any of the programming. I myself have though about doing this, but I have and HD receiver in one room, and an SD in the other. I can currently watch what appears to be the HD channels on the SD receiver, it's just not in HD of course, which I don't care. So why would you have to upgrade all of your equipment? Kind of long post, but got me curious. Thanks in advance for any replies.

i have turboHD bronze and i have both HD and SD versions of the channels

I have the HD Absolute package and have a 622 and another SD receiver. The SD receiver gets only the SD channels that are provided withe the "HD only" programming. Some of the HD channels do not have a corresponding SD channel provided (e.g. Disney channel + others).

So I would need an HD receiver to replace the SD receiver to receive all of the HD channels.

This is great information guys. Now I just need to figure out which HD channels don't have a mapped SD channel also. "If" they do go live with Speed and FX tomorrow in HD, it's going to be real hard not to drop to a HD only package. Thanks again for the replies.

This is great information guys. Now I just need to figure out which HD channels don't have a mapped SD channel also. "If" they do go live with Speed and FX tomorrow in HD, it's going to be real hard not to drop to a HD only package. Thanks again for the replies.

Provided they put them in an HD only package. I was going to do the same, until MTV & VH1 didn't go in the Turbo HD package.

If you want SD programming, why would you subscribe to an HD Only package? Just sub to a classic package and add on the HD.

I just saw a twitter comment about HD only packages that I'm not convinced of. A user asked Dish what happened to his SD receivers if he upgraded to an HD only channel package. The agent told him he would have to upgrade all of his receivers to HD receivers to receive any of the programming. I myself have though about doing this, but I have and HD receiver in one room, and an SD in the other. I can currently watch what appears to be the HD channels on the SD receiver, it's just not in HD of course, which I don't care. So why would you have to upgrade all of your equipment? Kind of long post, but got me curious. Thanks in advance for any replies.

In order to subscribe to HD only package you MUST upgrade all receivers to HD receivers. This is required by Dish.

I have a 622 and an SD receiver...when I switched to HD Absolute the receiver issue was never mentioned by Dish.

HD Absolute came out before that policy, when existing subs were allowed to sub to turbo hd back on 2/1 one of the requirements was all HD equipment.

Which package is the most comparable to HD Absolute, having the most HD channels, least SD and the cheapest?

But check out the channels in the platinum package and be sure you want to pay $10 per month for those few channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts