HD Only Packages

schaffer970

Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Grand Junction, CO
I had the following online chat regarding the HD Only Packages. I was told that the channels included are all of the HD channels (not a subset) is this correct? - Customer Rep couldn't be making things up could they :rolleyes:

(01) Adrian** V. 8RB: How may I help you today?
Tom: Do you have an HD only package and what channels are included?
(01) Adrian** V. 8RB: I am glad that you have reached me today. I would be happy to assist you.
(01) Adrian** V. 8RB: Yes we still offer the ALL HD packages.
Tom: Do they include the same channels as in the add on packages?
(01) Adrian** V. 8RB: You can check the channels using this link.
The agent is sending you to HDTV - HD Channels & 1080P HDTV Most High Definition From DISH.
Tom: So you are saying that the HD only packages include the same cannels as in the add packages?
(01) Adrian** V. 8RB: Yes they are.
Tom: What are the pricing on the HD only packages?
(01) Adrian** V. 8RB: We have 3 ALL HD PACKAGES available. The prices are $34.99, $44.99, and $54.99.
Tom: Is there a way to signup for HD only on the website?
(01) Adrian** V. 8RB: We apologize but as of now, there's no option to do it online for the ALL HD packages.

Any comments?

No other retailer publishes it either. They dont seem to be promoting it hard. The AAD page doesn't mention the RSN's.

The AAD site is showing non-promotional pricing ($39.99, $47.99 & $57.99) which differs from the prices quoted by DISH to the OP, and from the $29.99 I've been paying for TurboHD Bronze without locals. There was not supposed to be any Feb 1 price increase for these packages other than forcing new subscribers to include $5 per month locals.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that the Dish Network CSRs are still lying about the HD-only packages (they've been doing it for over a year) -- but it's still WRONG!

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that the Dish Network CSRs are still lying about the HD-only packages (they've been doing it for over a year) -- but it's still WRONG!
Not to mention that Dish's website shows Encore HD as a channel you get when you add HD to the AT250 package. http://dishnetwork.com/hdtv/default.aspx. And the AAD website shows Encore HD as part of the Dish America Gold package. Not to mention that E* 's website showed Encore HD as a channel in Absolute (back when the ystill offered it). But many Sat Guys members have confirmed that you don't get Encore HD unless you have Starz.

Had a chat with another CSR and was told the Dish America Gold package includes ALL the HD channels. Dish does not appear have a list of the channels in the Dish America packages. Scott is there any chance of you getting this cleared up? Is there a change coming or are the CSR's simply clueless (as if I really need to ask). I would really like a HD only package but only if it includes all of the channels.

So, this is indeed the list of channels I get via my Dish America Gold (plus CI, added when?; and regional sports networks, some shopping channels and I also sub to locals):

* A&E HD
* ABC Family
* Animal Planet HD
* Big Ten Network
* Biography Channel
* Bravo HD
* Cartoon Network
* CBS College Sports
* CNBC HD
* CNN HD
* Comedy Central HD
* Country Music TV HD
* Discovery Channel HD
* DISH Network ON DEMAND
* DISH Network PAY PER VIEW
* Disney Channel HD
* Disney XD HD
* Encore
* ESPN HD
* ESPN2 HD
* ESPNEWS HD
* Food Network HD
* Golf Channel HD
* Hallmark Movie Channel
* HD Theater
* HDNet
* HGTV HD
* History Channel HD
* Lifetime
* Lifetime Movie Network
* National Geographic
* NFL Network HD
* Palladia
* Planet Green
* Science Channel HD
* Syfy HD
* Spike HD
* TBS in HD
* Tennis Channel HD
* TLC HD
* TNT HD
* Travel Channel HD
* USA HD
* Versus HD
* Weather Channel HD
* WGN America

So, my question is--why DON'T, or WON'T E* add to this list more comprehensively. Why, say, is HDNet Movies not included? Do you have to add the Platinum--I thought they added that 'for free'?

So much lack or or disinformation it's pathetically infuriating. Why do they hold value-oriented HD customers in such disdain?

I don't believe you can even added the old Platinum package to any TurboHD packages anymore. You might get them (for a fee) if you are grandfather in though.

Here's what I got out of a online chat with Dish sales rep

Dish America
Monthly Price: $34.99 (inclusive of the locals available in your area)
Dish America is a standalone HD package.
This package is ONLY available to customers with all MPEG4 equipment on their account.

ABC Family HD
Arts & Entertainment (A&E) HD
Cartoon Network HD
CNBC HD
CNN (Cable News Network) HD
Comedy Central HD
Discovery HD
Disney Channel (East) HD
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
ESPNEWS HD
Food Network HD
HD Theater
HDNET
History HD
Home & Garden TV HD
Lifetime HD
Palladia
Spike HD
SYFY (Sci-Fi Channel) HD
The Learning Channel (TLC) HD
The Travel Channel HD
The Weather Channel HD
Turner Broadcast System (TBS) HD
Turner Network Television (TNT) HD
USA Network HD

I then asked if you can add RSNs to this, the sales rep said:

"You can add the local regional sports network or the Multi Sport pack for $5.99 if you get the Dish America Silver." So naturally I asked for a listing of Dish America Silver as well.

Dish America Silver
Monthly Price: $44.99
Dish America Silver is a standalone HD package.
This package is ONLY available to customers with all MPEG4 equipment on their account.

ABC Family HD
*Altitude Sports & Entertainment HD
Animal Planet HD
Arts & Entertainment (A&E) HD
*Big Ten Network HD
Bravo HD
Cartoon Network HD
CBS College Sports Television HD
CNBC HD
CNN (Cable News Network) HD
College Sports TV HD
*Comcast Sports Network Bay Area HD
*Comcast Sports Network Mid-Atlantic HD
*Comcast Sports Network New England HD
*Comcast Sportsnet California HD
Comedy Central HD
Country Music TV (CMT) HD
*Cox Sports Television New Orleans HD
Discovery HD
Disney Channel HD (East)
Disney XD HD
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
ESPNEWS HD
Food Network HD
Fox News HD
*Fox Sports Arizona HD
*Fox Sports Cincinnati HD
*Fox Sports Detroit HD
*Fox Sports Florida HD
*Fox Sports Midwest HD
*Fox Sports North HD
*Fox Sports Northwest HD
*Fox Sports Ohio HD
*Fox Sports Pittsburgh HD
*Fox Sports Prime Ticket HD
*Fox Sports Rocky Mountain HD
*Fox Sports South HD
*Fox Sports Southwest HD
*Fox Sports West HD
*FSN Florida HD
Golf Channel HD
HD THEATER
HDNET
History HD
Home & Garden TV (HGTV) HD
Lifetime HD
Lifetime Movie Network HD
*New England Sports Network HD
NFL Network HD
Palladia
Spike HD
*Sportsnet New York HD
*Sportsouth HD
*Sportstime Ohio HD
*Sun Sports HD
SYFY (Sci-Fi Channel) HD
The Learning Channel HD
The Travel Channel HD
The Weather Channel (TWC) HD
Turner Broadcast System (TBS) HD
Turner Network Television (TNT) HD
USA Network HD
WGN America HD

I wasn't going to bug her to find the listings for Dish America Gold too, but if you ask a sales rep, I would guess that they could find that information for you!

I am not getting Fox News in my Silver package -- I wonder if that is wrong or something that is coming? While taking a look at my channels, I do see I am getting Biography as well as NHL Network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)