HD only packs ?

They got renamed to something like Dish America. The site is down right now or I would get the actual name. Just be aware that not all the HD channels are in the HD only packs.

Does Dish still have any HD only packs?
How much are they ?
What channels are in them?
Can an Exsiting customer subscribe to them?

Hemi, I will place this under Dish Network "mystery" Not sure what ever happened to the Dishamerica HD repackage talk

I switched to Dish America Bronze about 2 billing cycles ago. It costs me $35-ish per month (plus one DVR fee [my only receiver is a leased 722, feeding one TV]), so I have USA/TNT/Spike/Locals for about $42 per month after taxes. There are also Silver and Gold tiers, but I'm doing this to shave expenses and ride out my contract.

I think it's about 30 channels for the Bronze package, but don't quote me. None of the News Corp channels are in Dish America packages, and not all of the Viacoms are, either. Which channels can you not live without? I'll tell you if I have it. :)

Does anyone have a channel list?
It doesn't seem anyone really knows much about these packs.
I don't want Bronze,
I Need
  • Disney HD
  • Disney XD HD
  • Cartoon HD
  • Nick HD
What do I need to get this, and How much . Top 200? or is there an HD only pack I can get?

Oops. I'll have to respond when I get home; all of those channels are blocked in my guide, by me. Pretty sure I get Dis and DisXD, don't remember Toon or Nick. Actually, I think Nick isn't there, but I'll just have to look.

Yes it's called Dish America now and available to all. You have to ask for it if you call. The programming follows the HD in the regular programming tier except the following HDs are not included iirc: NICK, MTV, VH1, BET, Fox News, Fox Business, Speed, FX, MSNBC, and all of the most recently added HD like BBC-A, etc. They wouldn't give me the Platinum Pack so I assume all those are unavailable as well. There may be others.

A lot of confusion on this subject but the plans are still available. The trick is getting a CSR rep. on the phone who knows where to find the plan in the system. You may need to ask for a supervisor. Turbo HD is now known as Dish America. All plans now include your local channels. The base plan for Dish America at $35.99 includes………………

A&E HD
ABC Family HD
Cartoon Network HD
CNBC HD
CNN HD
Comedy Central HD
Country Music TV HD
Discovery Channel HD
DISH Network ON DEMAND
DISH Network PAY PER VIEW
Disney Channel HD
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
ESPNEWS HD
Food Network HD
HD Theater
HDNet
HGTV HD
History Channel HD
Lifetime HD
Palladia HD
Syfy HD
Spike HD
TBS in HD
TLC HD
TNT HD
Travel Channel HD
USA HD
Weather Channel HD

Or get Dish America Silver for $44.99 and add the following channels……..

Animal Planet HD
Big Ten Network2 HD
Bravo HD
CBS College Sports HD
Disney XD HD
Golf Channel HD
Lifetime Movie Network HD
NFL Network HD
WGN America HD

Or get Dish America Gold for $55.99 and add the following channels………….

Biography Channel HD
Encore HD
Hallmark Movie Channel HD
National Geographic HD
Planet Green HD
Science Channel HD
Tennis Channel HD
Versus HD

High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource - View Single Post - duo receiver VIP722 and HD Only Programing

OK Thanks Guys, It looks like those HD only packs don't really have what I'm looking for , So I dropped down to the Top 200 for now.

May is a good month for me, My E* Commitment is Up May 25 and my D* one is Up May 10.
I will be forced to pick 1 provider , with the Economy in shambles.

D*has already Offered me an HR-2* and a H *2 with MRV for $99 , Since I already Have an R16 and a Samsung Tivo DVR, I'll be all set with that upgrade, as long as the new HD channel Launch is to my liking.

So Far Dish network has offered me another free equipment upgrade , But the High monthy fee's, and another $5 increase in 4 more months are keeping me from doing so.

Might also check out cable, if you just want a few channels, maybe a cable bundle will work. They can be pretty cheap when you add in phone/internet.

Might also check out cable, if you just want a few channels, maybe a cable bundle will work. They can be pretty cheap when you add in phone/internet.
Cable is a decent choice for me and to bundle with faster internet then what verzion offers right now ,does keep me interested,
But They use Scientific Alantic Receiver with 20 HD hours. Sorry that alone isn't worth the saving, and Paying $200-$300 for Tivo's and service on top of that , clearly bomb any savings what so ever, and my cable company doesn't support Tivo service totally, I'll lose VOD and Interactive features.

Maybe I am missing something, but not much of a savings over regular packages? (HD Only over regular)

49.99 120+HD vs 35.99 Dish America(Turbo Bronze)

i dont see paying $14 more for some viacom channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)