HD only provider - Maybe still to early

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sadly the CSRs aren't a good source of information.

Currently there is NO source of INFORMATION on what is going on with the TurboHD packages.

I'm pretty sure that "will be worth it" quote came from the retailer chat, which the average customer wouldn't know about if Scott & others here didn't summarize the meeting.

Just because the "average cusomter" did not hear it live on tv doesn't mean it wasn't said.

problem is not with the provider here. it is with the channel owners. they must have all their channels available in hd for a provider to do all hd. Dish is headed in the right direction for once broadcasters stop sd broadcast. EA is proof of this, as all programming is already in mpeg4 only requiring hd eqip and would be ready for such a transistion.

That was Voom and it didn't work out that well.:)

Though timing is everything, right?

I think the idea has some potential. Right now, what's the difference between Dish, DirectTV and Comcast?

Not much, really.

I'm dreaming, but I'd love to see this:

HD SATELLITE COMPANY

$XX = all non premium HD
+$XX = add the premium HD

Done.

OR...even better...it'd be great if some networks maybe started selling direct streams via broadband. Yea, that's ala-carte, and would be in direct competition with the middle-men providers, so politically likely a no-go.

OR...even better...it'd be great if some networks maybe started selling direct streams via broadband. Yea, that's ala-carte, and would be in direct competition with the middle-men providers, so politically likely a no-go.

And, uh, now that I think about it, that's EXACTLY the direction Netflix is going. With luck, in a year or two, I'll just be a Netflix subscriber and be watching everything 'on demand'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)