HD Only?

Nodak

Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
At this point I never watch SD programming; I have the "America's Everything" package. Is there any chance that Dish will ever set up an HD only package?

The HD-only TurboHD packages were bastardized last year to where they don't even get the newly added HD programming -- so I'd say the chances (for what you are asking) are slim to none. Charlie doesn't want you paying less for your programming.

I still have the Dish HD Absolute package which was the original HD only package (only $42/mo w/locals after DVR fee & tax). I have not done an official count, but we usually get 30%-40% of the new HD channels. For instance, we received 2 of the 6 new HD channels released the other week (Indie and Retro, I believe).

I, too, almost never watch SD channels, BUT

I have TurboHD Gold (now Dish America Gold), and it's looking like I may have to "downgrade" to an SD package + HD (like Americas Top 250 + HD add-on) just to get some of the new HD channels.

- Shorty

I, too, almost never watch SD channels, BUT

I have TurboHD Gold (now Dish America Gold), and it's looking like I may have to "downgrade" to an SD package + HD (like Americas Top 250 + HD add-on) just to get some of the new HD channels.

- Shorty
So you have to downgrade to SD to get HD. Sounds like a hoop to hop through!

At this point I never watch SD programming; I have the "America's Everything" package. Is there any chance that Dish will ever set up an HD only package?
Not a good lasting one, at this rate. I'm holding on to the Absolute HD package, which was 'all the HD' at one time, but then got cut, and many HD channels didn't/don't get added to it. There is likely a problem trying to get a contract between Dish and the major providers to fit the HD channel in an HD-only package when the SD channel isn't in that package (or something along those lines).

I still have the Dish HD Absolute package which was the original HD only package (only $42/mo w/locals after DVR fee & tax). I have not done an official count, but we usually get 30%-40% of the new HD channels. For instance, we received 2 of the 6 new HD channels released the other week (Indie and Retro, I believe).

This package, of course, has not been available from Dish for over a year -- it is only available to the original subscribers of the package. The cost of the package with locals and tax is now $49+ with one additional receiver (SD).

Also, I think the 2 new channels were added in error, but I hope they don't remove them.

Why why why

This package, of course, has not been available from Dish for over a year -- it is only available to the original subscribers of the package. The cost of the package with locals and tax is now $49+ with one additional receiver (SD).

Also, I think the 2 new channels were added in error, but I hope they don't remove them.

Why the L were they added in error. As someone said earlier we get around a 1/3 (30 to 40%) of all the HD channels added everytime that new ones come to E*. I don't see that as an error. :D

Looks like I will have to keep what I've got. Just hate paying for things I'll never watch.

Actually the cost is $29.99 + $5.00 for locals.

The 2 new channels were not added in error, they are in the Platinum package. These seem to be the only new HD channels being added to Absolute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)