HD Only?

J

jimbo1000

Mar 26, 2010
Dallas, tx
I called Dishnetwork tonight to change up my package a little for the summer and the rep informed me that I could switch to an HD only package? Has anyone heard of this? Maybe it's been talked about and I missed it.

whatchel1

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
So maybe they are finally getting around to fixing the old Turbo packages. They have had a renaming but maybe they are fixing them to be good as well.

S

SpaethCo

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 7, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
Dish America, formerly known as TurboHD. A cursory search of these forums will turn up more than you ever wanted to know about these packages and the HD channels they are missing.

Rangers484

Rangers484

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 21, 2007
Palmyra, Virginia, United States
Interesting, currently, aren't these packages grandfathered only? No new subscribers? If so then they are bringing them back in some form and maybe they worked out the issues?

sca

sca

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 27, 2009
cookieland!
there are hd only packages - usually for new customers only. either the rep was mis-informed, or dish now offers them to exisiting customers.

S

SpaethCo

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 7, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
Even after they officially stopped advertising the TurboHD packages you could still switch to them by calling the 800 number and talking with the CSRs. For a couple months I had switched back to TurboHD Gold until Dish recently added BBC-A HD.

L

Laddyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2006
Central IL/SW FL/Big Island
TurboHD/Dish America has never been grandfathered. That was Absolute HD. E* just quit advertising the TurboHD/Dish America packages. They've always been available since launch. And the only time TurboHD was available only for new subs was when it was first launched in 2008 and used as a promotion. This obviously irritated some existing subs. There was a rumor that the Turbo subs were on a different computer system that wasn't yet ready to take on existing subs. They were available to all subs starting February 1, 2009, if I recall correctly.

PHXHoward

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
As existing customer, you can get it if you really want it.

sca

sca

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 27, 2009
cookieland!
weeell...i want it then. going to have to give them a call. i recall it was a little cheaper.

navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Love the avatar, PHXHoward!

Dogs have masters, cats have staff.

navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!