HD Only?

jimbo1000

Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Dallas, tx
I called Dishnetwork tonight to change up my package a little for the summer and the rep informed me that I could switch to an HD only package? Has anyone heard of this? Maybe it's been talked about and I missed it.

Dish America, formerly known as TurboHD. A cursory search of these forums will turn up more than you ever wanted to know about these packages and the HD channels they are missing.

there are hd only packages - usually for new customers only. either the rep was mis-informed, or dish now offers them to exisiting customers.

Even after they officially stopped advertising the TurboHD packages you could still switch to them by calling the 800 number and talking with the CSRs. For a couple months I had switched back to TurboHD Gold until Dish recently added BBC-A HD.

TurboHD/Dish America has never been grandfathered. That was Absolute HD. E* just quit advertising the TurboHD/Dish America packages. They've always been available since launch. And the only time TurboHD was available only for new subs was when it was first launched in 2008 and used as a promotion. This obviously irritated some existing subs. There was a rumor that the Turbo subs were on a different computer system that wasn't yet ready to take on existing subs. They were available to all subs starting February 1, 2009, if I recall correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)