HD OTA recorded as SD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

atp1313

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
Goose Creek, SC
I was watching the Miami/FSU game tonight on ABC-HD (OTA) and while I was live the signal was strong and clear and in brilliant HD. I put the game on pause for a while and when I came back, the game was playing because the 30-minute buffer had run out. So now I am 30 minutes behind live, which is fine so I can skip dead ball time and commercials, but I also noticed that it was only showing in SD. :(

I have the HR10-250, and plenty of available space on the drive to record 30 minutes of HD signal. What gives? Is this a local signal issue, or is this a indication of the limits of recording HD on this unit? The weather is the best it has been in months (coastal South Carolina where it is typically 90+ at night and 70% humidity this time of year). It is 70degrees and crisp, no storms and no wind to speak of, so I am thinking it is not a signal issue.

Anyone else ever have this happen? :confused:

Probably a network problem. Often the local affiliate "falls asleep" and forgets to hit the "hd switch". This is especially common after commercial breaks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)