HD Package only

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
Is USA-HD and SCI-FI HD in the HD only package for $29.99? Can I also get the Multi-Sports Package for $5.99 with the HD only package? Dish hasn't updated its website yet. I'm close to switching over to that package.Thank you for any replies.:)

Thank you for your reply.I wish that you could get it with the HD only package or your rsn which would be fox sports midwest for me:) Is the Encore still available for $4.99 a month?

yes I believe you can still get encore, seems kinda silly though if your intent is to be HD only

my aunt wants one of the premium channels and asked about encore.i was just curious o:)n the multi sports package.i would get starz or hbo if i wanted to get a premium.thanks for your response

I asked one of the CSRs at Dish about a week ago and they told me I could add the Multi Sports Package to the HD only package. This particular CSR may have been wrong about that but it makes me wonder why everyone is not on the same page.

Uuuummmm.

I may be wrong but I do believe you can add the sports pack to the hd only pack. Some have done this to get the BTN hd.

I just found out that it is impossible to add the multi sports pack to the hd only pack.lol

Last edited:
RSNs absolutely, positively, without exception require AT100 Plus and above. This includes Dish Latino Max.
Absolutely positively, without exception RSNs ARE NOT AVAILABLE under any circumstance with: AT100, HD Only, Dish Family Pack, Dish Latino, Dish Latino Dos, Dish Latino Plus, Dish Latino Bonus, Great Wall, any international package, or any a la carte package.

See ya
Tony

RSNs absolutely, positively, without exception require AT100 Plus and above. This includes Dish Latino Max.
Absolutely positively, without exception RSNs ARE NOT AVAILABLE under any circumstance with: AT100, HD Only, Dish Family Pack, Dish Latino, Dish Latino Dos, Dish Latino Plus, Dish Latino Bonus, Great Wall, any international package, or any a la carte package.

See ya
Tony

And yet we are not allowed to subscribe to AT100 Plus (or higher package) because we have the HD Only pack...

Talk about a Catch-22! This obviously wasn't very well thought out by Dish marketing...

And yet we are not allowed to subscribe to AT100 Plus (or higher package) because we have the HD Only pack...

Talk about a Catch-22! This obviously wasn't very well thought out by Dish marketing...

Actually, Dish Mktg thought this out well... for Dish. I am also thinking about getting the HD Only package (depending on what Dish delivers in the next couple of weeks, based on rumors of course!) but since I cannot get my local RSN, I have to stay with the AT packages. I could very easily live with AT100 as it provides RSNs...except, I want (especially) VS/Golf, NatGeo, and Science in HD. So, I have to get AT250 which is $12/month more - not a huge amount but $12 for only a few channels I really want. So, I have to make a decision... and I will probaly go with AT250. Bad for me; good (mktg) for Dish.

Actually, I plan to propose a "solution" to the SatGuys for when they meet with Dish in May. How about letting the RSN be tied to locals (as well as the AT packages), even if locals/RSN costs a few more $s a month than the current locals? Seems to me that the RSNs could be tied to the locals. Yes, I know, this is all to simple but maybe...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)