HD package only

No. Many of us would like to get the local RSN's, but Dish says no.

You can, of course, get locals @ $5.00/month and premium channels at the going rate, but that's it...

HD only packages ?

Are you able to get the "free" public interest channels? 9400-9417?

Locals added for $5.00

What about the Superstation Package for $6.00 ? Can be added ? CAN'T BE ADDED?

I'm beginning to feel like a CSR :)

... so HD enabling fee is waived = ZERO, but extra receivers are $7.00 each (after the 1st)

is there anything else that i could buy or maybe trunk a DP34 switch to the 44 or woud it be easyer just to run another cable into the house?

Chances are you have one pointed at 110 & 119 and the other at 61.5. The channels for HD are one 110 and 61.5, you also get some sd channels in the package, most of those are one 119. That's what gives.
I can say that is correct. I just signed up for Dish and was installed today. The only thing I am subbed to is the HD Only pack, and those are the three birds I am pointing at.

The only channel that needs to be added is the fox news channel and everything will be complete

HD Absolute Channels

For the record: I am a new dish sub as of yesterday. (as noted earlier, pointing at 61.5/110/119) So here is a list of what I get when viewing "ALL SUB." (duplicates were deleted and channels are listed in order of appearance)

HSN SD
USA SD & HD
FOOD SD & HD
HGTV SD & HD
A&E SD & HD
Bio SD & HD
History Channel SD & HD
Sci-Fi SD & HD
Oxygen SD (Free Preview)
Bravo HD
QVC SD
TNT SD & HD
TBS SD & HD
ESPN SD & HD
ESPNews HD
ESPN 2 SD & HD
VS SD
NFL Net SD & HD
Disney HD
Toon Disney HD
Cartoon Network SD & HD
ABC Family HD
Discovery SD & HD
TLC SD & HD
Animal Planet SD & HD
National GeoSD & HD
Hallmark Movie Channel SD & HD
The Science Channel SD & HD
The Documentary Channel SD
CNN SD & HD
CNBC+ HD
MSNBC SD (Free Preview)
Nasa Select SD
Weather Channel SD & HD
Travel Channel SD & HD
Collectible & Treasures SD
Jewelry Channel SD
Americal Alive SD
Shop Lation TV SD
LSHOP SD
Sat Response Net SD
Shop at Home SD
Gems TV SD
Jewerly TV SD
ShopNBC SD
Gem Shopping Network SD
WGN America HD
Angel One SD
KTV SD
CCTV9 SD
Angel 2 SD
HD Net HD
Discovery HD Theater HD
Universal HD HD
Music HD HD
Smithsonian Channel HD HD
HD Net Movies HD
MGM HD HD
WFN (HD) HD
Vs/Golf HD
Tennis Channel SD & HD
The Golf Channel SD
NBA TV SD & HD
NHL Net HD
PolSat 2 SD (Free Preview)
KBS America SD
Dreams TV SD (Free Preview)
CCTV E SD
Euronews SD (Free Preview)
The 18 PI stations from 9400-9418 SD
3 Angels SD

(plus all the PPV & NBA/NHL package channels)

Last edited:
For the record: I am a new dish sub as of yesterday. (as noted earlier, pointing at 61.5/110/119) So here is a list of what I get when viewing "ALL SUB." (duplicates were deleted and channels are listed in order of appearance)

HAN [COLOR=Royal Blue]SD[/COLOR]
USA SD & HD
FOOD SD & HD
HGTV SD & HD
A&E SD & HD
Bio SD & HD
History Channel SD & HD
Sci-Fi SD & HD
Oxygen SD (Free Preview)
Bravo HD
QVC SD
TNT SD & HD
TBS SD & HD
ESPN SD & HD
ESPNews HD
ESPN 2 SD & HD
VS SD
NFL Net SD & HD
Disney HD
Toon Disney HD
Cartoon Network SD & HD
ABC Family HD
Discovery SD & HD
TLC SD & HD
Animal Planet SD & HD
National GeoSD & HD
Hallmark Movie Channel SD & HD
The Science Channel SD & HD
The Documentary Channel SD
CNN SD & HD
CNBC+ HD
MSNBC SD (Preview)
Nasa Select SD
Weather Channel SD & HD
Travel Channel SD & HD
Collectible & Treasures SD
Jewelry Channel SD
Americal Alive SD
Shop Lation TV SD
LSHOP SD
Sat Response Net SD
Shop at Home SD
Gems TV SD
Jewerly TV SD
ShopNBC SD
Gem Shopping Network SD
WGN America HD
Angel One SD
KTV SD
CCTV9 SD
Angel 2 SD
HD Net HD
Discovery HD Theater HD
Universal HD HD
Music HD HD
Smithsonian Channel HD HD
HD Net Movies HD
MGM HD HD
WFN (HD) HD
Vs/Golf HD
Tennis Channel SD & HD
The Golf Channel SD
NBA TV SD & HD
NHL Net HD
PolSat 2 SD ???
KBS America SD
Dreams TV SD ???
CCTV E SD ???
Euronews SD ???
The 18 PI stations from 9400-9418 SD
3 Angels SD

(plus all the PPV & NBA/NHL package channels)

I was surprised to see the international channels; kinda hope Euronews isn't a mistake (was thinking of paying the $1.99/month for it!)

What switch are you useing

Some of the old mpeg2 HD channels are not available there.

what about scifi and usa? thought those were on 110/119 also? If those two are on 61.5 I would sign up for that $30 package right now, but I thought they were on 110, and I dont want another 110/119 dish right now.

Last edited:
Hows the PQ, and what did you have before Dish for your service?
From my eye, the PQ is great. Now, I am using an HDMI 1.3a cable (some phillips branded, gold plated cable) going into my sony KDL32XBR4. But, I am fairly impressed so far. Before e*, I was (and still am) doing the CoNcast limited basic via QAM for HD locals. Where I work, we sell TV's and use comcast for demoing on the floor. They are run via distributed Component cable, even on the newer 1080p KDL32XBR6, my PQ is better at home now (even on MPEG2 channels like HD Theater and ESPN). Indirectly, I think we might be getting back into the Dish sales business....

What switch are you using
As an e* newb who had the installer do the legwork, I can't say for certain, but if you describe it - I can try and fill in tomorrow...

From my eye, the PQ is great. Now, I am using an HDMI 1.3a cable (some phillips branded, gold plated cable) going into my sony KDL32XBR4. But, I am fairly impressed so far. Before e*, I was (and still am) doing the CoNcast limited basic via QAM for HD locals. Where I work, we sell TV's and use comcast for demoing on the floor. They are run via distributed Component cable, even on the newer 1080p KDL32XBR6, my PQ is better at home now (even on MPEG2 channels like HD Theater and ESPN). Indirectly, I think we might be getting back into the Dish sales business....

As an e* newb who had the installer do the legwork, I can't say for certain, but if you describe it - I can try and fill in tomorrow...

Or how many receiver are you running and how many tv do you have hook up to the receivers

Or how many receiver are you running and how many tv do you have hook up to the receivers

Using a 722. ATM have it hooked to one television via HDMI. Will be running a second via component cable (wanted to do that myself). Also, he hijacked used a cable I was using for my cable, it was my better quad shielded RG6 (25').

((after the installer was 3 hours late, I had to re-run that cable since I am still gonna use my limited basic via the TV's QAM tuner - now using a slightly lesser quad shielded RG6 50' cable to travel 25' - grr))

Can you add channels a la carte to HD Only pack?

There are several channels/packages available a la carte with the HD only pack. But MOST channels are not available a la carte.

Bloomberg, Outdoor Channel, RFD TV, Baby First, Adult channels, Premium movie channels (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz), Encore Movie Pack (Encore west and the the themed channels), locals, super stations (KTLA, KWGN, WSBK, WWOR, WPIX standard def only), international channels but NOT Dish Latino or Great Wall because those are considered basic packages, not add-ons!

I may be missing a few, but that about covers it.

Euronews is in free preview mode so it will not stay in the line-up for long. However it is an add-on option.

KBS World (Korean) is one of the Public interest channels so it is part of the package.

See ya
Tony

...Euronews is in free preview mode so it will not stay in the line-up for long. However it is an add-on option.

KBS World (Korean) is one of the Public interest channels so it is part of the package.
Any idea about the Polish or Egyptian stations I am getting right now? I would assume they are also in free preview mode? I was under the impression to get foreign free previews you needed to be subscribed to an international package.