HD package requirements

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
My wife and I want to drop the HD pak but have the HD version of HBO.

Does DISH require the HD pak to keep the HD versions of movie channels that we subscribe to?

HBO HD is part of the HBO package and you would need that package and any HD receiver to view it. HD Package is not a requirement for HBO HD. The same would hold true for Showtime HD and Starz HD. All other HD movie channels are part of the HD Package.

If you drop the HD package, you will still get your HD locals and HBO HD if you subscribe to HBO. As mentioned above, you will get hit with the extra $6.00 HD enable fee. You will save $14.00.

Can you have just the hd channels and your locals and nothing more for 20 bucks hd and the extra for the locals?:

If you are leasing your 211 you can't drop the HD pack, if you own you will be charged a $6 HD enable fee.

Are you sure about this? It appears that leased vip boxes are not required to have the HD pack. At the bottom of the DishinItUp screen, the small print reads:

To redeem the DISH'n It Up Bonus credit you must mail a completed redemption form within 60 calendar days of the date you ordered your upgraded receiver(s) along with a copy of your billing statement indicating qualifying programming.
Limit of 2 receivers or 3 tuners per transaction. Limit 4 leased tuners per account. Maximum of one DISH'n It Up upgrade transaction per 12 month period. Monthly equipment rental fee of $6.00 for HD receivers; $5.00 monthly equipment rental fee for all other models will apply for each receiver activated beyond the first. Monthly DVR Service Fee of $5.98 applies for all DVR receivers. 2-TV receivers must be continuously connected to land-based phone line to waive the $5.00 monthly additional outlet programming access fee. If a new dish is necessary when upgrading to HD programming, standard professional installation may be required. Monthly subscription to DishHD programming is required for HD receivers or a monthly $6.00 HD Enabling fee applies. Please call for details.

Maybe this has changed recently?

Back when the VIP boxes first came out you were not allowed to lease without subing to the HD package. But I believe this changed many months ago. There have been several reports both here and on DBSTalk where people are not subing to the HD package, but still leasing VIP receivers.

OP wants options on leasing/buying 622 with locals and HD package. Anyone know options for buying as leasing requires minimum package beside the HD package?

Huh? He's already subscribed with a 211 and a 625. He's just looking to drop the HD package.

I think the minimum package is AT100.

"Qualifying packages include America’s “Everything” Pak, America’s Top 250, America’s Top 200 and America’s Top 100."

Can you have just the hd channels and your locals and nothing more for 20 bucks hd and the extra for the locals?:

This is pretty much my question also. I am thinking about possibly going with Time Warner Cable's equivalent of the Everything Package for some HD channels dishnet does not have. I currently have DishNetworks Everything Pak with HD and locals.

I would keep two DishNetwork leased 622 receivers and would like to know if it would be possible to buy out my remaining contract and just keep the HD package with locals. What is the minimum I could get away with getting/spending per month? The buyout of a contract is something like $13 per month, isn't it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts