Which HD package will you choose?

• Essentials - Mostly HD versions of SD channels

Votes: 43 30.5%
  • Ultimate - Voom, Universal, etc

Votes: 74 52.5%
  • HD Only Package

Votes: 24 17.0%

• Total voters
I will stay with what I have $20 plan which is the Ultimate Pack and AP200..

I voted ultimate (well it actually took my first vote of essentials, but I am def. sticking ultimate) I enjoy the voom from time to time and think for 10 bucks those are channels you cant beat!

I voted HD-only but, that's only if they add more HD channels, offer premiums at a decent price, and offer RSN's as an add-on option.

Here's what I'd be willing to pay for what I want...

HD-only package + locals = $34.99
HD Premiums = $9.99
RSN's = $9.99 (a total guess but, for BTN, I'd probably pay it...)
Lease Fee 622 = $6.00
Lease Fee 211 = $6.00
DVR Fee = $5.98

Total = $60.95

I'm paying more than twice that for AEP +locals right now...

I still have 2 ViP211's for the HD sets, 2 SDTV's using signals from an 811 and a 301 in the house for the kids. They will kill me if I went HD only.

Staying put here with AT-200, HD Ultimate, locals and superstations here.

AEP with locals + essentials pack= $109.99 and I will save $5.00 even after the $5.00 price increase. To me the content is more important than whether it is in hd. I rarely watch universal, hdnet movies , discover hd or the repetitious content on the Voom channels. I like the option to have the hd channels I do watch for just $10.00.

OK, after checking out a few more threads, it looks like the $9.99 premiums is not happening. Still...

HD-only package + locals = $34.99
4 Premiums package = $40.00
RSN's = $9.99 (a total guess but, for BTN, I'd probably pay it...)
Lease Fee 622 = $6.00
Lease Fee 211 = $6.00
DVR Fee = $5.98

Total = $102.96

This would still be a substantial savings for me, assuming that RSN's would be available...

A few questions (some of which will simply be speculation, I guess).

1.) Do we know for certain that we will be able to purchase our RSN? I mean, if I could go the HD only route and still get them in SD, I'd be sort of happy.

2.) If I currently qualify for the distant networks from AAD, I could still keep them, right? I do understand they would remain in SD.

3.) Finally, as a WWE fan, how long would it be before I could expect the addition of USA or Sci-Fi in HD? (I know this is speculation...)

Cade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)