HD Pay Per View:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ticket

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2004
Is it just me ...
On Directv web site you can not order a Hd PPV (99 ) on line.
Whats up with that?

Don't know about on-line ordering, but I wish they would offer some of the first run PPV movies on the PPV HD channel. Wonder why the selection is so poor.

fkostyn said:
Drop PPV HD and give me TNT HD

or drop some of these useless channels like PBS You, Shop NBC, TBN, Daystar, America's Store, ect.... and put up more National HD!!@!!!!!!, if you can move fast with HDLIL, you can move fast with Nat HD

RIRWIN:

As discussed before, all the shopping channels pay D* to be carried. They're a positive revenue stream.

All programming we actually want is a negative revenue stream.

H

Even PPV HD? Seems as if they showed more of the newer movies on PPV HD (like the ones on 125 and up), they might earn more money. If we can't have more HD movie channels, at least put more current movies on the PPV HD channel.

Gator5000e said:
Even PPV HD? Seems as if they showed more of the newer movies on PPV HD (like the ones on 125 and up), they might earn more money. If we can't have more HD movie channels, at least put more current movies on the PPV HD channel.

I agree. Let's get rid of some of the SD PPV and change to HD PPV. I've had my HD-Tivo since August and I finally ordered an HD PPV movie this past weekend (War of the Worlds - disappointing). There's no way I'm going to pay for a SD PPV when I can just rent a DVD. But I'd prefer the HD PPV to DVD, if they put some decent movies out there.

-JustBob

Hogarth said:
RIRWIN:
As discussed before, all the shopping channels pay D* to be carried. They're a positive revenue stream.

Actually, they work very good to test your channel block feature.

Drop the HD ppv. Keep it if you are going to put something good on it. I have never used it and from all indications, never will.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)