HD Percent used suddenly changed

barryaz1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Scottsdale AZ
Last night, on my HWS, my percent full was about 82%. I was getting ready to move some stuff to an EHD, just to be safe. But this morning, I looked at it and it's now at 71% and nothing seems missing and the Deleted folder and the Rentals folder are just the way they were last night. Any ideas? Is there a way of checking if some programs/episodes were deleted and I just don't realize it?

That was my second guess. Especially if he changed the days saved time so he could transfer to the ehd.

That deleted any thing in ptat past its alloted new save time. So if it was at 8 days, and you changed it to 2, anything 3 days or older will delete from the ptat folder. Opening up hard drive space.

That deleted any thing in ptat past its alloted new save time. So if it was at 8 days, and you changed it to 2, anything 3 days or older will delete from the ptat folder. Opening up hard drive space.
Thanks. Mystery solved. I just moved 22 Bkacklists. My wife seems to more and more only like light things, so I'm falling behind on my own watching

I'm back in college with an overloaded schedule. Lol. I have not been able to catch up on shows from even 6 months ago. I went from at least 4 hours of viewing a day, to 20-30 minutes if I'm lucky. I know the feeling.

PTAT also auto-deletes those programs that are more than "x" days old based on the days-to-save setting. Generally, each day of PTAT adds new stuff and deletes old, so you probably don't notice much change depending on the time of day you check. If you check in the morning - like the OP did, maybe stuff is deleted overnight and the next night's recordings haven't replaced them yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)