Super joey tuners not working properly on Hopper.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bubbalv29

Original poster
Oct 1, 2014
Ohio
My setup consists of 1 Hopper, 2 Joeys and 1 Super Joey. Usually there are no problems at all. Occasionally when almost all tuners are in use and only tuner 4 or 5 is available, the Hopper will pull a tuner from the Super Joey. Alternatively this will happen at random when no tuners are in use at all. The issue is that occasionally when the Hopper pulls a Super Joey tuner for live viewing, the resulting feed is unwatchable. The results are extremely inconsistent and at times its just the video acting up. I only ever have this issue when viewing live television. This has never happened when the Hopper is pulling a tuner for recording. PTAT only ever record on tuner 5 and no recordings have this issue. My question is, could this be a problem with my install, or is it a known software issue? I'm a bit concerned as I'm patient and I know things like this can happen, but I live with four other people, and I don't want someone resetting the entire system so that they can watch live television.

My setup consists of 1 Hopper, 2 Joeys and 1 Super Joey. Usually there are no problems at all. Occasionally when almost all tuners are in use and only tuner 4 or 5 is available, the Hopper will pull a tuner from the Super Joey. Alternatively this will happen at random when no tuners are in use at all. The issue is that occasionally when the Hopper pulls a Super Joey tuner for live viewing, the resulting feed is unwatchable. The results are extremely inconsistent and at times its just the video acting up. I only ever have this issue when viewing live television. This has never happened when the Hopper is pulling a tuner for recording. PTAT only ever record on tuner 5 and no recordings have this issue. My question is, could this be a problem with my install, or is it a known software issue? I'm a bit concerned as I'm patient and I know things like this can happen, but I live with four other people, and I don't want someone resetting the entire system so that they can watch live television.
How old is this install SJ are new enough you may still be under warranty, call DISH for service.

I've never had a problem with my Hopper, SJ, 2J, Vip211k with DPP44 setup other than Hopper firmaware issues(ota recording).
It must be a defective SJ or cabling issue, more likely the latter.

Most of the install is over four years old. The cable for the super joey is brand new. The equipment is all less than two weeks old. But this only happens for the Hopper. joeys and recordings have no problems using Super Joey tuners.

Most of the install is over four years old. The cable for the super joey is brand new. The equipment is all less than two weeks old. But this only happens for the Hopper. joeys and recordings have no problems using Super Joey tuners.
2 weeks old call DISH for a free service call or replacement of SJ.

Cable and connectors would be the main culprits for the issues with picture/sound quality when multiple tuners are in use. With that system you're pretty much maxing out the frequency band of the cable. The cable to the hopper in that situation needs to be 3GHz cable. As for the system stealing a tuner from someone when there's available tuners to use... that has to be software and there's nothing a technician can do about that

Reactions: foghorn2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)