HD PPV on VOOM: Ruiz vs Margay 4/17 for $1.00

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
OK here's the deal

HBO pay-per view is NOT in HD. With Direct TV mega fights such as DeLahoya-Mosely II were in SD for $50. However, HBO does record the flight in HD, and show it about 1 week after (usually on a saturday) on the HBO HD channel. I don't understand why HBO PPV Boxing is not offered in HD, paying $50 for a mega fight in SD is painful. Especially when it is going to be shown a week later in HD for free. Yes, this has been the custom of HBO boxing for many many years, to show PPV fight shortly after now (1 week usually).

So, I believe they will be showing the event live in HD. All boxing non-pay per view on HBO (LIVE) is shown in HD now. It won't be any problem. The CRS, said it would be shown in "GLOUROUS" High Definition when I ordered it. Also, they said it was a $39.95 value for $1.

God Bless voom.

Who is 'Margay'? I thought Ruiz was fighting Oquendo? :confused:

Anyway, I just saw a commercial on Worldsport for the fight. It had Don King touting Voom and stating that it would indeed be in HD. And all of this for $1. Nice. I can't wait to see Golota start bleeding 2 seconds into the fight in HD! :shocked

Marguey, was who the flight was scheduled for a long long time ago. Golata is much better, Devestating punching power. He is very very good at punching the testis until he gets disqualified. He lost 3 flights agains Ridick "Big Daddy" Boe, for which he was convincingly winning. Hopefully he learned his lesson, in the last 4 inactive years.

I just hope CRIS Bydre wears a STEEL CUP lol!!! hahahah :shocked

Tuned to channel 711 last night and saw a confirmation screen stating that I had ordered the fight. Almost no excuse for not checking this out for only $1. :D

I had a hardtime to get it to confirmed on my boxes. V* hit the box about 4-5 times and nothing happened. I decided to reboot and watch the "trip count" after the trip count got to 11, it showed the confirmation for the fight on channel 711. So if you have not ordered the fight do it now to get the confirmation message.

Confirmation finally showed up for me on Friday after ordering last Saturday. And, going through the PG to 9PM shows it as HD! So all those wondering, worrying, wishing if its in HD, it IS!!! :D Now let's all keep our collective fingers crossed for a great feed (and some great boxing)!

Preview of the event can be seen on D** (where they are charging $39.95 for it)

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/see/PPVEvents.dsp

What does the confirmation look like. I had my wife (since i'm at work) check the channel. It says call Voom today to upgrade package? Does this sound right?

omard. said:
What does the confirmation look like. I had my wife (since i'm at work) check the channel. It says call Voom today to upgrade package? Does this sound right?

It is a picture with the fighters and artwork background saying you have been confirmed. Call and get your box hit and reboot, unplug and cross your fingers!

omard. said:

Here's the confirmation screen.

Attachments

• MVC-029F.JPG
    MVC-029F.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 117
If anyone is interested, I'll invite anyone to open a thread at around 8PM tonight in the main forum to discuss any issues with the Fight as well as any compliments. It will give feedback to VOOM as to how the fight was shown.

The Thread: Should be titled "Boxing: A Night of Title Fights" or something similar. It should encourage posters to post their US location, which display they are using to watch the fight and resolution. Any comments bad/good should also be encouraged. Let me know if any of you is interested in openning the thread and keep it going. I like to see a member (other than a moderator) taking over the thread. Thanks.

I think that is an excellent idea Sean. I might have the wireless laptop out during the fight. I can't vouch if I will be sober enough to post though, lol. Anyway, I gotta go take a nap now so I can go the distance. :D

Count me in. It didn't take 3 minutes on the phone to order, though the first time I called they gave me a different number to call. The confirmation appeared while I was on the phone.

To tell the truth, I am not a big fan of boxing, but the previous Don King's event was interesting to watch, and for $1, why not...

Maybe we should have the Chat Room open. :) What do you guys think? :D

There is a possibility that CKNA and Matt Stevens could stop by my place for the fight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)