HD Question

jrv331

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
NE Ohio
I have a friend that had Direct Tv and a HD ready tv and HD box. He told me that he doenst have a HD receiver from Direct tv, he just calls and orders the package and hes all set. I have the a HD ready tv and HD bo:mad: same as his) and would like to know if down the road I could just order the HD programming(no new receiver) and have it work on mine. Just checking to see if down the road I will have to pay for a new receiver.
Thanks
John

your friend had to have a HD receiver to get hd programing from direct tv.

Maybey you should find better friends that will not lie to you .

We both have an HD receiver/converter that we got from Best Buy, so no lie there. My question was will I need a Dish HD receiver.
Thanks
john

To receiver Dish HD Programming.........YES.

Your HD Box will allow the OTA HD Channels, nothing off Satellite.

jrv331 said:
We both have an HD receiver/converter that we got from Best Buy, so no lie there. My question was will I need a Dish HD receiver.
Thanks
john

It might help if you told us the make and model number of the receiver you purchased at Best Buy. I'm confused by your statement "Dish HD receiver." Are you trying to get DirecTV or DishNetwork?

Sorry for all this confussion. When I bought my HD ready tv they had a few discontinued General Instrument HD receivers. I was basically told by the Best Buy guy that (if I had HD cable) I'd plug the cable into the box and the box to the tv. Im looking at the Dish 522 receiver for right now and doing HD when there are more programs available. Buy new receiver I mean wiill I have to get a 811/921 in the furure to get HD programing or will the Dish sat feed work with my existing bo:mad:general instrument) and the 522.
Once again sorry for the confussion
John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)