HD Radio on RX-V863

yuccabrevifolia

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Tehachapi CA
Hello all,

I have had this receiver for almost a year now and have just now gotten around to trying out the HD radio. I spent about two hours last night trying to get this to work. I'm stumped. I have been through the entire FM band and have not been able to locate a station with an HD signal. I have everything set according to the manual, but no secondary audio programs appear when scanning. Everything comes up as analog. I've tried this on manual, auto, preset, and every combination. I also do not see any kind of indicator on the display that shows as having an HD signal. In addition I have checked that using the setup menu signal display on the amp and also using the onscreen display on the tuner.

The nearest source is almost 25 miles away. My antenna is an RCA 33 element outdoor TV antenna on a twenty foot mast with a channel master preamp shared with the TV via coax and ahigh frequency splitter. Could it be a matter of the antenna? The preamp? Something I have not activated on the Yamaha? Or am I simply too far from the source to get the HD signal?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I have the RX-V1900, which I assume works more or less the same way. You may be too far to get the hd signals where you are. Hopefully you can get at least some of them. When it tunes to a station broadcasting in hd, it takes a couple of seconds to lock onto the hd signal. Then on the lower part of the front display you should see a 1/2 or 1/3, indicating how many channels they are carrying. By moving the program select switch while the side slider switch is set to source, you can cycle between the different subchannels on that one station. Good luck!

BTW, I don't think it scans for the digital stations. You have to find an analog station broadcasting in hd, then tune to the subchannels. Have you looked at this site? www.hdradio.com It has a listing of all stations broadcasting in hd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)