HD Receiver and Analog Stations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rappy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2004
Sullivan, Maine
I have what is probably a dumb question. When I got my new 10-250, I put my Sammy 360 in the closet for future use. At the present time my other receiver in use is a Sony Tivo I bought about 6 years ago. I got a lifetime contract with TIVO so my new 10-250 being a second DVR is free as far a monthly subscription is concerned. At some point in the future the Sony Tivo will die and, I assume the lifetime benefit will end and my 10-250 will incur a monthly charge. When that happens I hope to put my Sammy 360 back into service. Here is my question: Will the Sammy 360 work with my analog TVs? My only HD TV is my 50 Samsung, all the others which are serviced by the Sony are older analog sets. Thanks in advance for any answers.

dude,

i do believe the h10-250 will die at the same the tivo does. as will the sam 360, by 2009 if it isnt MPEG4. it aint a working.

Thank You, Andrew.

I will keep the Sammy 360 in case my Sony Tivo dies. Dragon is probably correct, however. MPEG4 will make everything irrellevent.

dragon002 said:
dude,

i do believe the h10-250 will die at the same the tivo does. as will the sam 360, by 2009 if it isnt MPEG4. it aint a working.

OTA likely wont be mpeg 4 for a looong time. So you'd have a perfectly good 5 dollar a month OTA tivo. Write back to me then, I'd consider it :)

The Samsung TS360 if my memory is correct dosen't have a ch. 3/4 modulator so you will need to connect it with composite or "s" video or add a modulator to the receiver. Mine is relegated to the garage for occasional usage and I think I had to add a UHF modulator.

dragon002 said:
by 2009 if it isnt MPEG4. it aint a working.
2009? What happens in 2009? Or is that just speculation that by then most HD capable devices will use MPEG4?

newsposter said:
OTA likely wont be mpeg 4 for a looong time.
Has MPEG4 OTA even been considered by anyone? That would make all current OTA tuners obsolete. I don't see why anyone would want to do that.

-JustBob

well you just confirmed that this wonderful tivo will be useful for a veeeery long time .......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)