HD Receiver GUI Not In HD - Advertisment Shows A HD GUI - Do I Need A Firmware Upgrade???

TheTechGuru

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Texas
Here is the OnDemand screen as shown in the demo video.

2lsk5mf.jpg

and here it is on my receiver. (Keep in mind, it looks worse than this stretched onto a huge TV)

2gxkwnq.jpg

Demo video:

14wzkg3.jpg

and mine:

33car8p.jpg

Demo:

im1m3q.jpg

Mine:

118zoer.jpg

Do I just need a firmware upgrade or a different receiver? I would like this corrected as it is "not as advertised".

We can definitely take a look to see what firmware version that you're running. Please send us the following in a pm:

Name:
Phone Number on Account:
Contact Number:
Best Time To Call:
Email:
Address:
MAC (if HSI Issue):

We can definitely take a look to see what firmware version that you're running. Please send us the following in a pm:

Name:
Phone Number on Account:
Contact Number:
Best Time To Call:
Email:
Address:
MAC (if HSI Issue):

Sent, Receiver model is SA Explorer 4250HDC. Can't find any instructions to pull up a diagnostic menu to see the firmware version anywhere.

Still waiting for a reply, I am seriously considering going to DirecTV because of the non HD GUI that is hard for me to read and because the number of HD channels is VERY limited compared to DirecTV.

Still waiting for a reply, I am seriously considering going to DirecTV because of the non HD GUI that is hard for me to read and because the number of HD channels is VERY limited compared to DirecTV.
If what the subscribers whine about is any indication, the DIRECTV GUI is one of the more commonly lamented shortcomings.

The Headend is running the correct firmware. Please run the setup wizard again. Instructions can be found here: http://www.charter.com/Customers/GETBINARY.xbin?ID=2142

This is the same stuff support told me to do which does absolutely nothing on my particular receiver!

All I get on the screen is "Press POWER or any numeric key to power on your receiver".

Also, from what I'm reading in those instructions this would only set the output format which is already at 1080i out the HDMI. HD channels are in HD just fine, the OSD/GUI/GUIDE is in 4:3 and looks like a blown up 320x240 image.

I really feel like I'm getting the run around here and am about ready to cancel it and just get DirecTV, it's the same price I'm paying (actually cheaper than 1st year then the same as Charter the 2nd year), tons of more HD channels, and a HD GUI. Only reason I chose cable first is no contract but for this quality of service it's just not worth it.

This is the same stuff support told me to do which does absolutely nothing on my particular receiver!

All I get on the screen is "Press POWER or any numeric key to power on your receiver".

Also, from what I'm reading in those instructions this would only set the output format which is already at 1080i out the HDMI. HD channels are in HD just fine, the OSD/GUI/GUIDE is in 4:3 and looks like a blown up 320x240 image.

I really feel like I'm getting the run around here and am about ready to cancel it and just get DirecTV, it's the same price I'm paying (actually cheaper than 1st year then the same as Charter the 2nd year), tons of more HD channels, and a HD GUI. Only reason I chose cable first is no contract but for this quality of service it's just not worth it.

Sorry to hear that you feel that way. The setup includes an output for the guide as well. Have you gone through that yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)