HD receiver worthwhile with S2 coming?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a pansat 9200 and the "smart scan" is a "blind scan". However, it does not do S2. You must manually enter in the S2 information.

When I bought the satellite receiver, the card was built in. It was one of the first cards. The smart scan does not work with the card.

Sounds like the Diamond is the way to go,,,,,I have been reading up on all HD receivers out there on the market and seems all have one thing to offer but are short on another,,gets really confusing !!!

Stogie5150,,I see that yr Diamond is slaved to yr coolsat,,,what does this mean exactly,,,

If I were to buy a Diamond,,can I just use it out of the box,,,??

Sounds like the Diamond is the way to go,,,,,I have been reading up on all HD receivers out there on the market and seems all have one thing to offer but are short on another,,gets really confusing !!!

Stogie5150,,I see that yr Diamond is slaved to yr coolsat,,,what does this mean exactly,,,

If I were to buy a Diamond,,can I just use it out of the box,,,??

I use the Coolsat 5000 to blindscan, and the Diamond to watch the HD/S2 stuff. How you do it is:

dish---> Coolsat 5000---->Diamond--->computer.

Each box has a coax in, and a coax out. Dish out to Coolsat in, Coolsat out to Diamond in, Diamond out to Computer card in. With all the receivers in standby, the computer controls polarity/switching,otherwise whichever receiver is on does it, as long as everything else is in standby/off.

Yes, you can use just the Diamond, but you need a way to scan, as the Diamond does NOT have blindscan. If you KNOW what you want to watch, you don't need the blindscanning box. But I strongly recommend one of your choice. :)

Thats what I do with both the Q and the 8000

Coolsat 5000 scans
If its HD or 4:2:2 KU it goes in the Q
C-Band goes in the 8000 unless thats being used, then it goes in the Q :)

Just bought a Diamond with my birthday money ..... justified it by telling the fiance how good the HD is going to look on our new HD TV we're getting ..... :)

Suck-up......lol...........j/k..............congrats
Now I suppose you have to buy her the HD display for her birthday. Might want to get those nuptials exchanged before you do that!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts