HD reception

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vdawgs22

Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
phase III lnb dish...my suggested azimuth is 240 elevation 30 and tilt 58

with those readings i don't get anything... if i move azimuth to say 220 and lower elevation to 27 i get 90% on 101 and 45% on 110 but no 119...

only way i've gotten 119 was to move dish to say azimuth 190 and raise elvation to 33 then 119 comes in at 95% but nothing else does.....

how can their suggested azimuth be so far off? and is there a simple solution to my problem or some kind of equation i can use to find a happy median... thanks in advance

phase III lnb dish...my suggested azimuth is 240 elevation 30 and tilt 58

with those readings i don't get anything... if i move azimuth to say 220 and lower elevation to 27 i get 90% on 101 and 45% on 110 but no 119...

only way i've gotten 119 was to move dish to say azimuth 190 and raise elvation to 33 then 119 comes in at 95% but nothing else does.....

how can their suggested azimuth be so far off? and is there a simple solution to my problem or some kind of equation i can use to find a happy median... thanks in advance

Sometimes the numbers are off a little, but I suspect you are not pointing the dish correctly. Go back to the original numbers and move the dish a little at a time, then check the signals. Make sure the mast is plumb. if not, the numbers mean nothing.

when measuring if the bar is level do you place the level parrrael to the top of the bar or must u place the level ontop of the round opening.... or both?

Side , front and top (aka X, Y and Z axis)

Actually Charper, the top may not be square to the sides, so I don't even bother to check the top. Get a post level which will allow you to move it around the post easily. They are cheap and available at Home Depot or Lowes. Don't rely on the bubble in the post itself.

if your zip code covers a large area then you might have different elevation in different parts of that area. when I install in the mountains I can be at 0 above sea level and half hour later at 5000 ft. there will be few degrees difference in elevation readings. azimuth also will be off because no compass will point directly in a right direction any metal around you will adjust the readings. just remember you have to move one at a time azimuth or elevation and small increments. as to tilt it usually stays the same.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Combine 2 eighteen in dishes?

Espn and espn 2hd down?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)