HD runaround

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rguynn

Original poster
Jun 30, 2004
I currently live in an apt complex where DirecTV equipment is provided by a third party. i.e. MediaWorks. Currently they have several dishes on each building to provide Directv to each apt. Not sure what dishes they are but they aren't capable of receiving HD programming. I have requested to the apartment complex that they have Mediaworks install a new dish so that I can receive HD programming through DirecTV. The apartment complex is now on my side, but MediaWorks is really giving them a big runaround about it. I don't understand why. Is there a lot more to it then simply changing a dish out or is is basically that simple. They keep saying there are many factors involved which wil make this very difficult. Could somebody here who understands this please explain why Mediaworks is saying this is so difficult. I am really getting angry at them but I don't know enough information to actually argue with them on this. Please help.

It should be as simple as changing out the single LNB dish for the Phase-3 dish. The Phase-3 dish will see the SAME satellite (101) that the round dish did. I don't see what the hold up is. The only other thing it could be is the type of switches they have installed. I've heard that if they use non cascading switches it won't work right with the Phase-3 since it has a built in multiswitch.

why don't you just set-up your own DirecTV system? then you can get HD within a couple of days, and most likely pay less per month for the programming since your cutting out the middle man-MediaWorks.

my own directv

I would love to do this but I live in loft style apts in an old tobacco warehouse. As it is I don't even have a balcony or any where to place a dish. So unfortunately that is not an option.

Is your distribution system bandstacked? Are they using a multiswitch system with separate cabling to each outlet? With a second satellite dish location there has to be some method of switching sources that are being fed to your satellite receiver without switching the source for every other receiver. How large a system is in your complex are they feeding 5 apartments or 100 it all affects the cost of providing the HDTV signal to you for your 1 receiver.

Neutron said:
It should be as simple as changing out the single LNB dish for the Phase-3 dish. The Phase-3 dish will see the SAME satellite (101) that the round dish did. I don't see what the hold up is. The only other thing it could be is the type of switches they have installed. I've heard that if they use non cascading switches it won't work right with the Phase-3 since it has a built in multiswitch.

Probably the multi-switches are not up to par.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts