HD Satellite Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ceas2182

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
Disneyland, Cali
Two days ago, D* installed a new HD Receiver to upgrade our standard receiver in the living room... thanks to a nice csr, but I have a question...

Was it necessary for the installer to install a second dish for HD? We already have an International Dish.

and

Does ESPN have 1080p? My TV is older and does not support 1080p, but supports 1080i. I only can see ESPN in 720p.

Two days ago, D* installed a new HD Receiver to upgrade our standard receiver in the living room... thanks to a nice csr, but I have a question...

Was it necessary for the installer to install a second dish for HD? We already have an International Dish.

and

Does ESPN have 1080p? My TV is older and does not support 1080p, but supports 1080i. I only can see ESPN in 720p.

The internationals come from a satellite that the hd dish doesn't "see". That's why you need to new dish. ESPN is broadcast in 720p only. Don't worry about your tv being 1080i only, it will work just fine, with 720p or 1080i. Make sure your box is set to output both signals and you are good to go!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)