HD Service with an HR10-250 with DirectV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neil154

Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
If I upgrade to HD service with DirectV but keep my HR10-250, can anyone tell me what the issues are? I know that the HR10-250 does not support the latest encryption technology but I like it. What channels will I not be able to get at all what channels will I not be able to get in HD? Are there any other issues that I need to consider?

Thanks for your help.

If I upgrade to HD service with DirectV but keep my HR10-250, can anyone tell me what the issues are? I know that the HR10-250 does not support the latest encryption technology but I like it. What channels will I not be able to get at all what channels will I not be able to get in HD? Are there any other issues that I need to consider?

Thanks for your help.

There are still a few hd channels you can get, ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, and a couple others, I think. They are the ones in the 70's. You will still be able to get all of the sd channels, unless your locals are moving from the 72.5 satellite, then you wouldn't be able to get them. Many who thought they couldn't do without the H10-250's have learned to like the Directv models. Others, not so much. I would suggest reading up on this forum about the differences. You may decide to switch.

HR10-250

Thanks for the responses.

I don't know what SD is but can I still use the HR10-250 to view and record programs in non high definition service?

Thanks for the responses.

I don't know what SD is but can I still use the HR10-250 to view and record programs in non high definition service?

SD= Standard Definition, or as you call it, non high definition service ;)

And yes, you will still be able to record that. I still have one. My kids use it. Works great.

True, but the OP specifically asked about "issues" with the HR10-250. :)

Being able to record OTA isn't an issue, it's just something the HR10-250 can do as can the HR20 by itself and the HR21-HR23 with an AM21. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts