HD sets with HD receivers & no HD...

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
I just back in from a trip to the hills, my Aunt called yesterday and said they were having trouble reading the ticker on the bottom of Fox news... I went out there and they had a Dish ViP 211k installed last week replacing a Directv SD receiver that cratered... HD picture looked SD and after checking the Sony 50" Bravia settings and the Dish receiver settings checked the hook up. SVHS & Composite, good thing I had Component cable with me (will end up getting them a Hdmi cable for simplicity) they have had the Sony for a little over a year and had a Sanyo 50" Plasma before that, so now they truly have HD. There has to be alot of people out there with HD sets hooked to HD Source but still not getting HD because of the Cables.:rolleyes:

Yep. My brother was the same. Last year went to his house he got a new Sammy plasma. He has Charter had it hooked up using composite and component. He was on that input not hd. Good reason too. One of the component (green) was loose and was not getting a good picture. Pushed the cable in all the way.....instant hd picture.:)

BTW. Seems like I read that you can use the composite cables as component. If true. Not sure which color goes where.

Yep. My brother was the same. Last year went to his house he got a new Sammy plasma. He has Charter had it hooked up using composite and component. He was on that input not hd. Good reason too. One of the component (green) was loose and was not getting a good picture. Pushed the cable in all the way.....instant hd picture.:)

BTW. Seems like I read that you can use the composite cables as component. If true. Not sure which color goes where.
You can, just make sure the cable is connected to the same color on both ends.

Dish receivers are always set to 480i too for some reason. IDK why the installers don't set the resolution properly

Extremely Dark Picture . . . Am I Screwed?

XBR52HX909

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts