HD Signal Sound issues with HR20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

weldgooch

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
I've had my HR20 for about 2 1/2 weeks now, and have been very happy with how it is operating, but I have noticed one thing that is bugging me.
Periodically, when I play an HD program that was recorded, I hear a little "blip" through my speakers and I lose sound for about 2-5 sec. If I press the 6 second skip button, it rewinds and repeats ("blip" and silence). This only occurs on the HD programming. Has anyone else noticed this?

For reference, I am using a fiber optic cable to connect the digital optical out of the HR20 to my Pioneer Audio Receiver.

I've experienced the same. Also, sometimes the audio drops out for 2-5 sec with no blip.

I've had my HR20 for about 2 1/2 weeks now, and have been very happy with how it is operating, but I have noticed one thing that is bugging me.
Periodically, when I play an HD program that was recorded, I hear a little "blip" through my speakers and I lose sound for about 2-5 sec. If I press the 6 second skip button, it rewinds and repeats ("blip" and silence). This only occurs on the HD programming. Has anyone else noticed this?

For reference, I am using a fiber optic cable to connect the digital optical out of the HR20 to my Pioneer Audio Receiver.

Do the "blips" happen only on HD locals, and at the transition to and from commercials or local news flashes, or are they in the main HD program?

Do the "blips" happen only on HD locals, and at the transition to and from commercials or local news flashes, or are they in the main HD program?

In my case, I've noticed that the sound will always drop out in the middle of a program, usually right when I'm trying to listen intently to a plot twist. I don't think I've ever noticed it during a commercial or a transition. I believe that they have happened on NBC-HD, ABC-HD, CBS-HD, and DiscoveryHD. It may have happened on other channels as well, but these are the one's where I distinctly remember watching certain shows and it happening.

In my case, I've noticed that the sound will always drop out in the middle of a program, usually right when I'm trying to listen intently to a plot twist. I don't think I've ever noticed it during a commercial or a transition. I believe that they have happened on NBC-HD, ABC-HD, CBS-HD, and DiscoveryHD. It may have happened on other channels as well, but these are the one's where I distinctly remember watching certain shows and it happening.

I had one receiver like that and it had problems with sound. It only happened during HD programs. Regardless of which channel. If HD channel like ABC had non-HD show then sound was just fine.

Under menu, check the settings for audio to see if Dolby digital (or is it surround?) is turned on or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts