Hd Sound Hdmi Dropout

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tezam

Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
We purchased a Samsung LN-T4665F LCD HiDef TV online from Circuit City this past April and have been having periodic sudden loss of HDMI sound or video (or both). This dropout has not been weather related and occurs randomly about once a week. Switching to other audio/video connections (e.g., Component or S-video) work fine...it’s just the HDMI connection from the satellite receiver to the TV. We bought a second HDMI cable, but the problem still exists. Apparently, we have a defective Samsung HDMI circuit. I’m confused as to who is to fix this HDMI compatibility problem, Samsung or DISH?:confused:

Call Samsung. There is a well known problem with HDMI on the LN-T LCDs. They will come out and replace your main board and update the firmware.

Thanks. You're right. I called Samsung and they agreed that they had an upgrade...but they wouldn't agree to send a technician right away since we live in a rural area of Virginia (No authorized repair place within 50 miles). I hung up wondering if I'll ever hear from them again.

If it is going to be difficult for Samsung to make the repair, consider hooking up using component connections (video quality just as good). HDMI is problematic as best as is shown by your problems, early Dish box problems etc. The connector is poorly designed to say the least. I always use component and have exceptional results.

I know three people with HD and Dish, they have the Vip 211, and all of them have the issue.. two have JVC, and one has Samsung. All three seem to have a problem with the Audio dropping out when changing channels. It's fixed when they use Analog audio though. It's strange, i cant figure out what's going on with them. i have checked everything possible a few times.

Brad-I have the HD two-tuner DVR 622 and, lately, my sound dropout has started to include video also. Turning the Samsung TV off and on restores everything, but who wants to do that in the middle of a movie/sentence/or scene? Also, using the COMPONENT connection, As indicated earlier, takes care of the audio/video dropout, but why give up my three HDMI connections? It's not right! I'm hoping that the circuit board change that Samsung recently promised will do the trick.

Your set is new.....call Circuit City for service 888-333-2333 They have techs in most areas or they will find sub to do work. The tech can do upgrade for audio problem. Seems to be more common with most manufacturers now a days.

GSAMMY-Thanks...I did as you suggested, but Circuit City said that their 30-day warranty policy expired since my April 2007 purchase and that I have to get resolution from Samsung. Disgusting!!

I'm having similar problems

I am wondering if it is the HDMI cable that the DISH retailer guy gave me.

Well, I have a 622 and I first started losing sound. Then I started losing picture and sound (remote TV works fine). Now if I bend the HDMI cable near the 622 HDMI port, sometimes the video (and sometimes sound) comes back on. But basically it is unreliable. I have a Philips LCD 37" with two HDMI inputs. The video/sound doesn't work for either of the two inputs now.

I also changed to component and using the RCA for audio -- and the HD programming that I recorded looks almost HD quality. But yah, why should I have to do this? Is it the cable or the 622 HDMI port that is the problem? I

Right now, though, it's kind of moot b/c I am dealing with reception problems here in Hawaii and I can't pick up the 110 -- I think my 1 meter is misaligned or something, even though the screws and set up seems really tight.

Someone mentioned, unplugging the satellite connections and running check switch to clear the matrix. Is it worth a try? Otherwise, I have a local retailer coming sometime next week, between 8 to 12. I really hope he comes closer to 8am, as I got to get to work.

Will in Honolulu

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)