Hd Sound Is Softer ?

bkw

Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
i have a 622 receiver which runs through my yamaha receiver using optical connector.
when viewing a hd channel or dvr in hd, the sound is a lot softer than sd.
dishnet tech was no help. told me to change to cable. i did and same results.
anybody have the same problem or any advise?
thanks in advance

Ya i had the same problem and i went and checked the input db level on my AV receiver and it was set at 0db so i raised it up a few db's and all is good. Nothing i hate more then pushing up the volume on one station and forgetting to turn it down and switching to another and watching my speakers jump out of the box.

thanks george. just was going over my av settings earlier today and dont remember seeing a input db. i will check further tonight.
i have been putting up with what you described too long.

I have the same problem and I have an onkyo receiver. I changed the output on the onkyo to "All Channel Stereo" for all inputs (HD or SD), instead of having it go between Dolby and stereo. I know stereo isnt as good as dolby, but for just watching tv who cares. If I watch a movie it goes to DD, but otherwise I use stereo. It keeps all the volumes consistent except for the fact that some channels are just naturally louder than others.

the only adjustment i have as far as db goes is what my receiver calls a center graphic equalizer. its there to try to match the tone quality of my main speakers. i think that the stereo setting option might correct that but i want the most from my system so i will continue to look for other fixes.
thanks for your help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)