HD Sound

cmccaffree

Original poster
Jan 1, 2022
El Dorado Hills, CA
We have Dish and a Vizio M-Series. When we dvr’d an HD movie, we got no sound. We solved this by going to the Dish Menu/System Setup/Audio Output and selecting “PCM Only”. That solved it.

Reactions: TheKrell
We have Dish and a Vizio M-Series. When we dvr’d an HD movie, we got no sound. We solved this by going to the Dish Menu/System Setup/Audio Output and selecting “PCM Only”. That solved it.
There is an issue with certain Vizio Models. I wonder if you may have found a different "fix" for it
VIZIO TV AUDIO ISSUE UPDATE

There is a known issue causing audio to drop out on multiple models of VIZIO TVs. This is related to recent software updates to the TVs and is not related to Dish receivers. In most cases, these steps will resolve the issue:
1. Unplug the TV for a full 60 seconds
2. Press and Hold the Power Button on the TV for 5 seconds
3. Plug the TV back in
If the audio is restored after these steps, it is recommended to tell the customer about the known issue. Let them know that, until VIZIO rolls out a software fix, it is possible that the audio may cut out again after a period of time.

Dish has reached out to the manufacturer but there is no current ETA on a fix. In the meantime, CXO agents have been instructed to follow their normal troubleshooting and then instruct the customer on the known issue. This should reduce the number of truck rolls where no audio on a Vizio TV is the only issue..

Vizio has a long legacy of being the ONE brand that consistently does not play well with components with TV's and sound systems. Yes, other cheap brands have some of their own headaches, but it Vizio excels in this "feature" of being such an incompatible product, that many have had to sadly return their Vizio's because other than that flaw, these people really did like their Vizio's.

When I purchased my Vizio 8 years ago, it was pretty much the only budget brand that produced 70 inch tvs. Now, you have Hisence and TCL. Some of their models are always highly recommended by well known web sites.

To me, it was either Sony or nothing back in the 70's and 80's. I am slowly gaining my confidence back with the brand. We have some members here who adore their Sony tvs. I am keeping my eyes open for a good Sony tv when it is time to replace my aging tv.
Sadly, many retail shops where I live have limited Sony tvs. Even my local Costco offers mostly Samsung and LG.

Reactions: charlesrshell
When I purchased my Vizio 8 years ago, it was pretty much the only budget brand that produced 70 inch tvs. Now, you have Hisence and TCL. Some of their models are always highly recommended by well known web sites.

To me, it was either Sony or nothing back in the 70's and 80's. I am slowly gaining my confidence back with the brand. We have some members here who adore their Sony tvs. I am keeping my eyes open for a good Sony tv when it is time to replace my aging tv.
Sadly, many retail shops where I live have limited Sony tvs. Even my local Costco offers mostly Samsung and LG.
Love my new (Oct 2021) Sony Bravia KD65X85J. I bought the Sony through Amazon and had it delivered in just a couple of days (ordered on the 22nd, installed on the 25th). If you don't have Prime see if one of your friends does, gets you free shipping.

I have had several Vizios thru the years. Have had issues with all of them except my very first Vizio I got in 2009 and still using it. No more for me. My go to is LG, Samsung, and Sony. You can shop on line sktrus. Lots of good deals and some with free shipping.

I have Prime and Jeff Bezos ought to send me thank you cards often! My old lady is addicted.
When it comes to big and heavy purchases I am still reluctant to buy online. I am worried that sending it back is such a headache.
I read customer reviews at Amazon where buyers are so pissed at receiving damaged boxes (big screen tvs). I bought smaller size tvs (32 or lower) from Amazon. Small and light boxes delivered by Amazon drivers. No damage at all.
Do independent contractors that deliver big items from Amazon or any online seller have the patience to wait if I want to open the box and examine the product? I doubt it. They will roll their eyes and depart right away!!

I have Prime and Jeff Bezos ought to send me thank you cards often! My old lady is addicted.
When it comes to big and heavy purchases I am still reluctant to buy online. I am worried that sending it back is such a headache.
I read customer reviews at Amazon where buyers are so pissed at receiving damaged boxes (big screen tvs). I bought smaller size tvs (32 or lower) from Amazon. Small and light boxes delivered by Amazon drivers. No damage at all.
Do independent contractors that deliver big items from Amazon or any online seller have the patience to wait if I want to open the box and examine the product? I doubt it. They will roll their eyes and depart right away!!
If you have a Walmart, Sam's, or Best Buy in your location the on line orders are easy to return to the store. I bet Amazon wouldn't be too awfully bad to return a TV, but not sure.

One thing I didn't know about my Sony going in - the power supplies can be problematic. I have had the TV turn itself off occasionally. Otherwise, it's a beautiful TV and the Android OS is really great

I've only had to return 1 or 2 items (out of 300+) over the past two years to Amazon but it was very easy. Just take it to a UPS store, they take care of everything including packing. When you process the return thru Amazon they give you a sheet to print which you then give to UPS who handles everything else. Easy-peasy.

I've only had to return 1 or 2 items (out of 300+) over the past two years to Amazon but it was very easy. Just take it to a UPS store, they take care of everything including packing. When you process the return thru Amazon they give you a sheet to print which you then give to UPS who handles everything else. Easy-peasy.
I’m not sure it’s the same process for a 70” TV. But, yes, the return process for usual items is very easy.

Small items, sure. We have Kohl's very close to us. Most items are returnable.
One problematic situation happened to us. I ordered bunch of outdoor and indoor security cameras and accesories last year. We realized we had to pay for cloud recording. And, some other minor issues. We decided to return them. The Amazon lady told us we had to take them to UPS. We could live with that. I printed a sheet for each return (they all came from different warehouses!), used one big box. Well, UPS refused to take them. Another call to Amazon. We were told they needed to be sent to different locations! So, we had to go back home, repack everything in 5-6 smaller boxes.
Be aware of this rule to avoid unneccesary trip.

Nope, That wasn't the case. What happened was there was a deal on Amazon owned product. Security cameras. We were unable to get the discount when we changed the number from 1 to whatever. (Discount on each identical item, and Amazon never mentioned the discount applies to only one product.) So, we decided to have separate purchases. It worked.

The shipments all came from different Amazon warehouses which was odd. Most of my orders are shipped to me from Lexington, KY location. Couple from Lexington and Hebron, KY, few from surrounding states. Naturally, we thought they all could be shipped to same location.

Is it our fault we didn't ask on the phone? Yes, it is. I just don't want this happen to other Amazon customers. Going to UPS, and coming back home to repack is no fun.

OK, confused here, you say "Nope, That wasn't the case." then say "The shipments all came from different Amazon warehouses" so then it was the case, different shipping origins means different shipping returns whether it be a single vendor or multiple vendors.

I am afraid we are somehow having communication issues. Perhaps, I am not clear enough.
The products we ordered were Amazon owned. I just checked. Blink cameras, purchased on June 9 ,2021. (When we order several items of different kind we buyers have no control. Amazon decides where they come from. I believe it is an inventory issue. That's not a problem at all. Who doesn't like free shipping?)
When we looked at Amazon's web site to return the items (to print return sheets) we realized they even split the same transaction, and shipped items from different warehouses. No third party seller, directly from Amazon. We needed to call Amazon customer service. Whatever the reason was, we were not allowed to return them to Kohl's. We were told "pack'em and ship them back to us".
We assumed (it was our fault) they could be packed together and sent back to closest location. Had we known that was not possible, we could've checked the return address on each package, and do it properly.

I am not mad at all at Amazon for their business decision. I thought separate shipments thru UPS would cost more money to them.

I bought a rear projection tv back in the 1990s. The largest tv available was 40". It was a Magnovox brand from a Magnovox store in the mall. They were the only store in Pensacola, FL that even carried a rear projection tv. Mail order tvs of that size was not available that I could find.
What size Sony did you buy in the 70s.

Easy on my memory now, Jerryez!!. I am an old fella these days. I remember vividly though. I needed a friend to load that baby into my truck and help me carry it. Those crt tvs very darn heavy. It is hard to believe it took decades for tv manufacturers to come up with LCD tvs.

I believe 32 inch was pretty much the biggest you could get back then.

I bought one of those 32 inch Sony monsters in the early 90's from my local Sears.They helped me load into my hatchback Ford Probe.It wasn't until I got it home that I realized there was no way I could get it out without help.Luckily it was Superbowl weekend so my brother came down and helped so he could watch on a "big" tv.When I moved to Samsung DLP I gave it to my other brother who got many more years out of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts