HD televisions

Or if you don't want 2 receivers you could hook one TV to HDMI and the other via component (the TV1 outputs on dual tuner HD receivers). Of course one of these cable(s) will need to be long enough to reach the other TV and you will be stuck watching the same channel.

Of course if you want to watch 2 different channels in HD at the same time, see what Cold Irons states above.

I'm guessing there is more to this question than you asked. Please give us more information and we can give more in depth answers.

If you hook up two tvs to tv1. Can tv2 still work??

I have a 622 with one hdtv on tv1 and three tvs on tv 2. So I can run an hdmi or component to another hdtv to tv1?? How does the remote work for tv1 in the other room away from my box?

All outputs for the 622 (and 722) are active at the same time. So you could mirror multiple TVs on each (1 on component and 1 on HDMI for TV 1 and as many as you want via the home distribution port for TV2). That being said, it does get difficult to control when you get lots of TVs on 1 receiver. To control TV 1 output from another room in dual mode you really need a UHF remote with an IR repeater. However, if you just want to operate in single mode (same thing on all outputs) then you can use any regular UHF Dish remote in the other room.

The TV1 remote is IR only and requires line of sight (ie must be in the same room). You can buy a 2nd UHF remote and use that for TV1 if you want.

Using the two HD outputs for TV1 shouldn't effect TV2 at all. There are ways to extend the reach of HDMI. I've seen HDMI to Cat5 converters out there.

No problem. Just to add on regarding the length of HDMI cables. I've used 100' HDMI cables (from monoprice) with zero problems.

The TV1 remote is IR only and requires line of sight (ie must be in the same room). You can buy a 2nd UHF remote and use that for TV1 if you want.

Using the two HD outputs for TV1 shouldn't effect TV2 at all. There are ways to extend the reach of HDMI. I've seen HDMI to Cat5 converters out there.

About the UHF remote.

Will I need anything else hooked up to the receiver to make the remote work from the other room?? ( I read lakebums #6 post and this may be what a repeater is for. How is it hooked up to the 622?)

Or just programming a rf remote will do the trick to work tv1 on the 622 from another room??

A uhf antenna is connected to the back of the receiver. It comes packaged with the receiver but if it is not connected, the uhf remote does not work.

So the remote for the tv1 in the other room of the 622 uses the same antenna.

Any recommendations of a UHF remote to use??

Get a 6.3 remote and follow the instructions to run tv1 in uhf mode. Just make sure each output is on a different remote address.

Get a 6.3 remote and follow the instructions to run tv1 in uhf mode. Just make sure each output is on a different remote address.

Thnks for the info!!

Shouldn't hdmi and component have the same address as I am wanting to hook two hdtvs to one 622. Yes I know I have to watch the same program on tv1 at the same time.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)