Not receiving signal from 61.5 in office problem...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
hello. I'm hoping someone on this site can help me out. At the place I work we have 8 floors connected to dish satellites. The top floors (5,6,7, & 8) all receive perfect signal from 61.5,110,& 119. All floors after five receive only 110 & 61.5. We are using Spaun 5582 f switches. I hooked a receiver directly to the output cable from the switch on 5 individually and get signals for each satellite respectively as I test the three live cables. When I reconnect to the switch I still do not get 61.5. I have tried three switches so it does not appear to be a switch problem. Can anyone here think of why this isnot working?

I've updated this with an image of how our switches are stacked...

I have them all set to the #4 setting DiseqC setting on them.

We had an installer who is no longer with us and in turn I got handed the satellite service woes.

The image is from our third floor closet (all floors above have only one switch, the DMK - 5582 F)

As stated in the OP floors 5 - 8 all receive perfect signal.

Floor 4 does not receive 61.5 at all.

Some receivers on Floor 3 are getting 61.5 Odd Transponders Only

None below are getting anything from 61.5.

The obvious way to test would be to obtain a meter like a SatBuddy but sadly I do not have access to one of these. I have tried hooking the line out feed directly into a satellite receiver (i believe we have 301s or 311s right now) and doing a transponder check. When I do this from floor five out to floor four in it works fine but when I link everything together 61.5 disappears.

While I do not have work until Monday any input would be greatly appreciated as I'm lost right now.

getcontentaspxda5.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)