HD Theater and Encore

Trek2000

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
I talked to a Dish tech this morning to get my Encore HD and HD Theater turned back on. He turned my Encore back on. He said that HD Theater is not in the free AT250 HD (HD for life) but people who still pay then extra $10 for HD still get HD Theater in their regular HD packages. That’s the reason HD Theater shows up in the regular and Platinum packages.

Ok. I thought HD Theater was always in the extra package. Now that I think about it, I think there was a post from Scott about this a few weeks ago.

People who have AT250 and have not done HD for life still get HD Theater. If you have HD for Life you have to get Platinum to get it or look at the test channel on 5710.

People who have AT250 and have not done HD for life still get HD Theater. If you have HD for Life you have to get Platinum to get it or look at the test channel on 5710.

Confirmed. I recently switched to "HD free for life" and now I see I have no HD Theater - means no WRC ! I don't see it anywhere on the Dish Network website - did dish network drop that channel completely? If not, how do I get it back?

Confirmed. I recently switched to "HD free for life" and now I see I have no HD Theater - means no WRC ! I don't see it anywhere on the Dish Network website - did dish network drop that channel completely? If not, how do I get it back?

You may have it as a TEST channel on Channel 5710. Let us know.

Otherwise, it is now part of HD Platinum for an additional $10/month along with the following channels:
Centric
Crime & Investigation HD
Epix HD
Epix 2 HD
Fashion HD
HDNet Movies
IndiePlex HD
Logo
MAV TV HD
MGM HD
Palladia HD (Note: The HD version)
Retroplex HD
Shorts HD
Universal HD
WFN HD

You may have it as a TEST channel on Channel 5710. Let us know.

Otherwise, it is now part of HD Platinum for an additional $10/month along with the following channels:
Centric
Crime & Investigation HD
Epix HD
Epix 2 HD
Fashion HD
HDNet Movies
IndiePlex HD
Logo
MAV TV HD
MGM HD
Palladia HD (Note: The HD version)
Retroplex HD
Shorts HD
Universal HD
WFN HD

I have AT120 without Platinum and can confirm I have Palladia in HD.

They should go whole-hog here and start picking a random number between 0 and 1000 every day, then --

1) they turn off that channel #

2) they add 20 to that number and put that channel on free preview

3) add 40 to the number and change the package whatever that channel is viewable in.

4) pick a random number between 1 and 5 and change everyones bill in a alternating direction by that amount monthly

They should go whole-hog here and start picking a random number between 0 and 1000 every day, then --

1) they turn off that channel #

2) they add 20 to that number and put that channel on free preview

3) add 40 to the number and change the package whatever that channel is viewable in.

4) pick a random number between 1 and 5 and change everyones bill in a alternating direction by that amount monthly
Isn't that how they do it now??? :eek: :D

dish will add new hd channels and put it hd platinun so they get the extra $10.00.

Not necessarily, as the channel owners Don't like being put on trade-up packages. They all fight to get on the lowest package possible, and often, if it is a really popular channel or they can use leverage of other popular channels they own, prevail. Look for lower value, or new, yet to be launched or unknown HD channels to be put in the HD Platinum level.

However, I agree with your general point that Dish will do all it can build up the value of the HD Platinum.