HD Tivo for half price and then some at Best Buy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trehutch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Beaverton
I wanted to let eveyone know that there is a loophole at Best buy to get and HD-Tivo for 50% off. You need to get a blue coupon book they are giving people in the home entertainment section. There is a coupon for 50% any Tivo product(aimed at the standalone tivo's, but just says tivo product :D ). I have heard the coupon doesn't ring up right and just be persistant and polite about it, many people get the $50 mail in rebate and also call directv and get the $250 programming credit, along with free 6 months of HD package, basically like getting it for free. Until best buy catches on get them while you can

Trevor

I wonder if this is a nationwide thing? I'll check out my local Best Buy tonight and see if they are doing this there. I'm hesitant to buy anything from Directv right now though after reading the free HD Tivo rumour thread.

kbohip said:
I wonder if this is a nationwide thing? I'll check out my local Best Buy tonight and see if they are doing this there. I'm hesitant to buy anything from Directv right now though after reading the free HD Tivo rumour thread.

Not to rain on anyones parade but the free DVR Thing in Sky Report was a misprint... From today's Sky Report....

CORRECTION - On DirecTV Receiver Story

CORRECTION - In SkyREPORT's story Monday, it was reported that DirecTV will offer for free advanced satellite TV receivers to customers who commit to a two-year programming package. While the company will be requiring a two-year commitment for customers who take advanced satellite TV receivers, such as the DirecTV DVR receiver, DirecTV HD receiver or DirecTV HD DVR Receiver, they will not be offered for free to customters. The editorial staff regrets the error.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)