HD Tivo question

mkalcich

Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
I am new to this site and have a question about HD Tivo. I have a HD program saved on my Tivo and I want to make a photograph out of a specific spot in the program. Is it possible to do this either by transferring it to a dvd disc or to a computer. The program is very long (5 hours). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello mkalcich,

I think you could do this providing you are able to record to a DVD or your computer HD. Once on this media then you could do a capture of the picture the same as you would your home digital movies. I have not attempted this but I think it should work in theory. Good Luck,

PV

I am new to this site and have a question about HD Tivo. I have a HD program saved on my Tivo and I want to make a photograph out of a specific spot in the program. Is it possible to do this either by transferring it to a dvd disc or to a computer. The program is very long (5 hours). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You may transfer to DVD but only in 480i, using a DVD recorder. Of you may hack the unit (it is legal and SUPPORTED by TiVo) and transfer the recordings to your PC. However, the HR10-250 has encryption in place, so any program you have now you could not use, just anything you recorded after hacking the unit.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts