HD TV receivers on DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

savethefamily

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 28, 2004
I know that there are several DirecTV Receivers out there. Does anyone have a link or information on which is a good one to get?

I have 2 HD-ready TV's and the HD Satellite Dish (3 prong), so I just need a Reciever/Tuner which I'll probably get off of e-bay rather than paying $350 from DirecTV. A tuner/Receiver with DVI would be ideal.

I personally have the Sony hd300, the samsung 360 <<<thats going back to CC a rca 100 and a sammy160, i personally like the sony 300 but it is too expensive (was a gift) if i were you i would try directv as they are running a special for 99 for existing customers, i am waiting on the hughes htlhd which is manufactured by lg which also makes the sony , if you are not an existing customer cc or bb are the way to go, look for open box buys, i saved 180 bucks on the sammy 160. as for ebay they are no cheaper there than the superstores. also with way more risk, good luck in your search

"(3 prong)"- what are talking about forks here? its tri-LNB or 3 lnb.

They will... Or they will send you a new Access card. Sometimes free, sometimes not. (Depending on circumstances and [really] their attitude at the time.)

So I placed an order through DirecTV for HD package - they're coming to install Thursday. I was told I would get either a Samsung or Hughes receiver.... which should I be hoping for? Both have DVI I presume.

Samsung TS-160 good TS-360 may have problems. Hughes E-86 old model Hughes HTL-HD good with possible Dolby Digital glitch.

Have a Hughes HTL-HD here first one had a sound glitch at least we thought it did (only happened twice) call Hughes and the replacement is Great,a friend has the Sony and we see no real difference in PQ just options on the Menu screen

Ok they showed up and installed the HD... got lucky and got 9 stations over the OTA, plus the stations via satellite.

They brought a Samsung T360 - above it was suggested that this wasn't a good receiver to get... why? I don't notice anything wrong.

Thanks much for any help.

Well I've seen some of the other links noticing audio hiccups on the Samsung 360 - I haven't noticed anything bad yet. The picture looks great on the Sony 40XBR800.

The software version of the Samsung 360 is 1.2.03, is there an upgrade that I should expect in the next few days?

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.