HD UHF Antenna with Dish?

Whomp

Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Jackson, MO
Is there an antenna option with Dish (or any of the other satellite companies) that includes a UHF HD antenna on top of the dish?
My HD TV has a receiver built in and would like the option of watching local channels in HD over the airwaves.
I have tried set top amplified rabbit ears, but because of the distance the reception is very poor on the two HD channels that I'm able to receive. I believe that I would be able to get all four network in HD with an antenna mounted on the roof, based on other local user's experiences.

Whomp said:
Is there an antenna option with Dish (or any of the other satellite companies) that includes a UHF HD antenna on top of the dish?
My HD TV has a receiver built in and would like the option of watching local channels in HD over the airwaves.
I have tried set top amplified rabbit ears, but because of the distance the reception is very poor on the two HD channels that I'm able to receive. I believe that I would be able to get all four network in HD with an antenna mounted on the roof, based on other local user's experiences.
If your dish is in the line of sight with the transmitters you want, then a dish mounted antenna might work for you. My dish faces South (of course), but all the transmitters I want are to the North, and my house blocks the signal. Rooftop is the answer for me. Dish won't supply the antenna, but you should be able to find one at Radio Shack or somewhere else.

A great small antenna is the Zenith Silver Sensor, you can find it at sears for $39 or online at Buy.com for $26 shipping included.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)