HD upgrade for an existing customer w/possible 1000.4 scenario

Spize

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
I am doing a HD upgrade for a customer that has called me recently regarding signal problems and also wants the HD upgrade (625 to 622).

So, I have gone out there (unfortunately due to weather the customer couldn't get away from work on time (plow driver), but I know the guy so I checked out the exterior site survey and to see if I could find an obvious problem... well I did...

His problem for the service call is a bank of trees that were planted a couple of years ago by his neighbor and are now blocking the 119 partially and that will just get worse in the spring, so the 129 is OUT (considering the HD locals are at 61.5 the 129 missing is ok).

If I were to call it in and try to get it changed, as I know Dish does not typically allow Eastern Arc conversions for existing customers, what are the odds I could get him flipped over to the Eastern Arc because of LOS problems to the SW with the 119 as well. (He is not getting signal elsewhere on his lot because of existing tree issues but does have a beautiful LOS on E.A.)

You think they will go for it?

I would certainly hope so. But maybe dish supplies are still super tight, and droids are super locked to their script (no)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)