HD Upgrade HORROR??????????

Crash&Burn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
missouri
I just upgraded to HD with a ViP 211 & the 3 LNB dish.....the new TV is on backorder and not here yet.
As the tech was getting ready to leave, he said when I hook the new HD TV with the HDMI cable I would have to pull all my A/V cables off as the receiver would not power anything but the HDMI......WAIT, I said, how am I going power my TV's in the computer room, the exercize room and the back porch?..
plus I used the a/v divider box for a couple of VCR's........I would have backed out if I had know this but my credit card had already been charged..(I pay annually) Man what a mess:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just upgraded to HD with a ViP 211 & the 3 LNB dish.....the new TV is on backorder and not here yet.
As the tech was getting ready to leave, he said when I hook the new HD TV with the HDMI cable I would have to pull all my A/V cables off as the receiver would not power anything but the HDMI......WAIT, I said, how am I going power my TV's in the computer room, the exercize room and the back porch?..
plus I used the a/v divider box for a couple of VCR's........I would have backed out if I had know this but my credit card had already been charged..(I pay annually) Man what a mess:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Incorrect. You can still output HDMI to the local tv and leave your AV cables connected to your network of other devices.

I thought Dish no longer allowed this?

I had annual until last year. There are apparently certain promotions that do not allow annual subscriptions. What they are I have no idea. I just know that I was surprised they cancelled out my annual. That's when my disenchantment with E* first appeared as no one could explain to me why I was no longer eligible for the annual subscription.

I've got a 211 and have 3 video feeds simultaneously -- HDMI to TV, Component to projector and S-video to an old TV in a room near my dish so I can see the signal meter thru the window when I have to re-aim the dish. ;)