HD Upgrade Packages

keithshoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
Jacksonville
Should I get the HD essentials for 10 bucks a month?

Or go with the HD Ultiimate for 20 bucks a month?

Or Dish HD Absolute for 30 bucks a month?

I am leaning toward just the essential at this time. Not sure about only adding 7 channels and double the costs to step up to Ultimate. Unless those channels are worth it.

I am having to do the 2 yr. agreement for the swap out, but I got the 722 installed free.

BTW, I am on America Top 250 plan.

Last edited:
Should I get the HD essentials for 10 bucks a month?

Or go with the HD Ultiimate for 20 bucks a month?

Or Dish HD Absolute for 30 bucks a month?

I am leaning toward just the essential at this time. Not sure about only adding 7 channels and double the costs to step up to Ultimate. Unless those channels are worth it.

I am having to do the 2 yr. agreement for the swap out, but I got the 722 installed free.

BTW, I am on America Top 250 plan.
While the choice is yours, I will provide you with the rationale for our decisions to give some things to think about.

We started out with AT200 and had the HD Ultimate (before there was a choice). I wanted to watch hockey and convinced my family to add the AT250 plan during the hockey playoffs (or until the Red Wings were knocked out). Then the Voom channels were dumped. Dad wanted to drop the bill back to what it was. We talked as a family and found that we watch a lot of the channels that are in the AT250 Pack (that aren't in the AT200). We didn't watch much of the channels that are in the HD Ultimate and aren't in the HD Essentials. So we dropped to HD Essentials and kept AT250.

As for dropping to HD Absolute, we watch a lot of channels that are not included in the HD Absolute as they aren't in HD, so dropping to this plan would make us lose a lot of channels.

Hope that helps,
Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)