HD Upgrade

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Well, just because I was bored I called Cox to see when HD would be available to our small town. I was told that they don't have a set schedule but it would probably be at least a year. Ugh :(

So then I asked when Athens, TX would be upgraded. He said the same timeframe. Athens is a much larger city than our small town of Winnsboro. He did say Tyler is just NOW getting upgraded in some areas for HD. Tyler has a population of over 80,000. I find it really odd that upgrades for HD are taking that long.

I really miss our D* HD. :( We will have it back in August.

I have decent amt of HD in College Station...

CBS
NBC
PBS
(dont have fox and abc because cox doesnt have the waco feeds and our local repeater stations probably wont ever go HD)
INHD
INHD2
DISC
ESPN
HBO
SHO

were in the process of a "rebuild" that will net room for more HD but they have only announced Starz and Universal so far. Will be interesting to see what happens because were on the list of area's cox is selling off.

Same here. I have heard a rumor that Time Warner will be buying all of the Texas Cox areas.

It doesn't surprise me that College Station has as much HD as it does considering Texas A&M is there. Damn Aggies..... :D

jagouar said:
Well really we are quite slim on the pickings until the rebuild is done..... Im still waiting for verizon to come to town... that will be worth waiting for.

I am waiting to see what Verizon is going to be doing too. I heard that Verizon has start in Northern VA with their fiber DSL and TV service. I read on the AVS forum that Verizon will be starting in VA Beach area soon. Maybe this will push Cox HD service in my area to start adding more HD channels.

Just sitting back and waiting to see what happens over the next couple of years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)