HD VOD on vip 722 but not on VIP 622

bryantcombs

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
The 622 is in the living room and the 722 in the bedroom, any thoughts as to why this would happen?

The 622 is in the living room and the 722 in the bedroom, any thoughts as to why this would happen?

I'm not positive, but I think the VOD content downloads when the receiver is powered down. Does your 622 power down at night for its nightly update?

I've been (mostly) wondering the same thing. I get ONE HD VOD on both my 622s, but my friend with a 722 gets about 10. Does it have to do with the amount of hard drive space available? Does anyone with a 622 get more than one HD VOD?

thanks for the fast replies, yes it powers down at 3 am as far as I know, im usually asleep :)

I think it does have to do with the room on the hard drive I have 2 622's and one has a external drive on it with most of the recordings on the external drive, and that one has more VOD then the other one that does not have a external drive and alot of recordings on the internal drive.

The 622's only support the 1080p VOD, not the HD VOD that the 722 supports. Been that way since the introduction... the 722 has a larger hard drive & the VOD partition is large enough for HD VOD...

I have gotten HD VOD on my 622, but did not watch it.

Both the 622 and the 722 have ability and room for HD VOD.

You can find my old posts with that numbers for 250/320 and 500 GB disks in 622/722 models and see what size of VOD partition hidden from you.
And we discussed a difference in VOD/ DOD lists between 622 and 722 - it's defined by different video decoding chips 7411 vs 7412, last one have bug-less support VC-1 compression what Dish use for DOD movies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts