HD with 3lnb????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RI2452

Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
I called d* today for HD upgrade and they said that the soonest they could send someone out was oct 29th........what???? Can I buy a non dvr HD receiver from best buy and use the 3lnb thats on the roof while I wait. I do not care if I can use only one tv while I wait and I get all local channels in HD with an antenna anway. I can not watch football sunday ticket in SD anymore. And being a Jets Fan living In R.I, I would love to watch this weeks game against the Giants in HD.

Yes, the NFL ST and HD SuperFan is still on MPEG2 and does not require the new MPEG4 setup; that might be next season. Don't fret the 3 week delay; DirecTV does not actually do installs, yet they are swamped and likely your local contracted installer(s) is behind and/or having a hard time finding quality people to hire; IF they are adding workers.

Trust me, its worth the wait. You'll be pleased with what you will get as long as the installer doesn't have the wrong work order like I had happen to me. I had to call DirecTV install department while the installer was here to get it straigten out.

All for a new slimline dish. The installer had one but didn't want to install it because it wasn't on the work order and he wouldn't get paid. What a dips**t. DirecTV had to create a new work order just for the dish so he knew he would get paid.

Have a question. On LyngSat Directv-10 shows that we receive FX-HD. I do not receive it here in Texas. Is it an error at LyngSat or what? Or should we be getting it?

I sure think he will enjoy having the MPEG4 future as well, but IF he needs his NFL SF for this week; jump on a MPEG2 unit to start and then after the MPEG4 upgrade in 3 weeks he can move that to his bedroom or whatever. I too would hate to miss 3 weeks of HD NFL just waiting.

Have a question. On LyngSat Directv-10 shows that we receive FX-HD. I do not receive it here in Texas. Is it an error at LyngSat or what? Or should we be getting it?

Here is the list of newly added MPEG4 HD channels (require the new gear and appropriate pkgs as I read it); AND the upcoming channels.

You can see that FX is slated for DirecTV October launch; some have said this Wed, but that is rumor. It is likely already being uplinked and therefor being "seen" by DXers that posted it on Lyngsat.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 158
I,ve got everything and am receiving everythring in M-Peg 4 that started since Sept 26, I was just wondering about FX-HD because of the LyngSat posting. Thanks

Thanks. will call D* tomorrow and see if they will play along I will be pi*@#d if they dont at least try to activate a signal for me

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HD Channel Listing

HD Station Logos????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)