Hd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bumpeez

Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
When do you think we will get HD locals in Phoenix....I was hoping April but will probably be June I guess. Does anybody really know.

Hey, I'm up in Kingman and badly want the same thing. I have no chance at getting local digitals OTA for some time, even then I'm sure the stuff I want to watch won't be HD format. I've read here that it was June-ish. :D

Yay...more Arizonans!

There are a lot of people here who don't get that the southwest doesn't work the same way as the rest of the country. Glad to see a few more people that might "get it" :)

:welcome

I was just going to post the same... was curious when Phoenix HD locals were going live.

Since it's looking like June, and many network series are over by May, I'll probably just wait until August or September for Football and Lost and everything else to start up again. :)

swartzfeger said:
I was just going to post the same... was curious when Phoenix HD locals were going live.

Since it's looking like June, and many network series are over by May, I'll probably just wait until August or September for Football and Lost and everything else to start up again. :)
The Phoenix HD locals are live and coming in great at my house in Mesa,AZ all I had to do was put up a $50 Home depot rooftop VHF/UHF antenna. My friend who lives in Gold Canyon did the same thing only he put is antenna in his attic and he's getting good signal too. So if you dont live to far away from South mountain then I cant see why you would even want to get your Locals from Dish as I am almost certain the local broadcast versions are of much better quality than Dish is going to provide you.

I am at 43ave and Peoria I wonder if that would work around here...Anybody doing OTA in this area...and with what equipment. tia

kbghdg said:
I cant see why you would even want to get your Locals from Dish as I am almost certain the local broadcast versions are of much better quality than Dish is going to provide you.

I've heard that the HD locals from Dish look as good as they do OTA! A friend in Chicago is very pleased with the HD locals via the satellite.

One reason to get the HD locals from Dish AND from an OTA antenna is so you can record two or three network shows in HD at once. With just the OTA tuner you have to decide which one show you want to record in HD.

I'm anxiously awaiting for the San Francisco HD locals to show up. They're supposed to be up sometime this quarter.

Larry
SF

bumpeez said:
I am at 43ave and Peoria I wonder if that would work around here...Anybody doing OTA in this area...and with what equipment. tia
hey bumpeeze I used to live in that area 51st ave and Tbird by acoma school had a hosue there I put up a 50$ radio shack 50 element atenna and I got EVERY channel in perfectly around 80-90% signal. Now I live in Vermont BOOHOO I miss my HD. 43rd and Peoria...Hmmm I remmber going to great skate back in the day there :)

HD in AZ

We have no chance of HD OTA in Flagstaff, either, except for NBC on KNAZ, and that will be several more years, according to the station manager. They do plan to increase the power on their digital signal (but still in SD) this summer. Phoenix LIL is slated for 2Q of 2006, but who schedules have been known to "slip".

On the other hand, when I visit my daughter south of Queen Creek (Ironwood and Ocotillo), I get all the Phoenix HD with a rabbit ears antenna on my 921 with no problem. I can even get a few Tucson signals when things are going well.

Wow, rabbit ears
Must be that clear shot she has at the back of south mountain (I guess not many obstructions). I dont think I could get by with rabbit ears as my analog was terrible before I bought the home depot (rca) antenna here in east mesa (sossaman and brown) but all is good now including HD. :)

larrykenney said:
I've heard that the HD locals from Dish look as good as they do OTA! A friend in Chicago is very pleased with the HD locals via the satellite.

One reason to get the HD locals from Dish AND from an OTA antenna is so you can record two or three network shows in HD at once. With just the OTA tuner you have to decide which one show you want to record in HD.

I'm anxiously awaiting for the San Francisco HD locals to show up. They're supposed to be up sometime this quarter.

Larry
SF

Hey thanks for the info regarding the recording options. I was not aware of the 622's abililty to record more than one program at once as I only have a VIP211 :(

Last edited:
jmcgee_jr said:
hey bumpeeze I used to live in that area 51st ave and Tbird by acoma school had a hosue there I put up a 50$ radio shack 50 element atenna and I got EVERY channel in perfectly around 80-90% signal. Now I live in Vermont BOOHOO I miss my HD. 43rd and Peoria...Hmmm I remmber going to great skate back in the day there :)

Yeah great skate is still there...maybe I will try the antenna, thanks for the reply...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)