HD10 and SDTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

frank123

Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
Fort Worth
I live in a senior citizen apartment complex where our only TV choice is SBC Home Entertainment (SBCHE), which is not set up for HD reception and distribuion.

Recently I purchased a HDTV and the DirecTV Model H10 HD Television Receiver; old TV went kaput. My current DirecTV receiver is a Sony DirecTV Ultima Digital Satellite Receiver/Recorder (Model: SAT-W60). It works just fine.

Question: If I disconnect the Sony receiver and then hook up my DirecTV H10 HD Receiver (using the Satellite In connection on the rear of the H10) to the SBCHE supplied SDTV DBS Scriber Unit (Model No. 150318-1.F5322-01), will I still be able to receive my regular SDTV SBCHE programs that I have subscribed to? I would like to use the H10 to receive OTA HD programming even if I can't get DirecTV HD programming. Is this doable with the hook-up described above?

Frank
25Aug2005

H10 and SDTV

Thanks. I didn't want to unpack the H10 until I was sure - just in case I needed to return it.

Frank123

H10 and SDTV

I've got an Arista Amplified FM/TV/HDTV antenna for OTA stuff. Suppose to amplify 15db. Thinking about a Zerk pole, but amplification on that is only 10db.

Frank123

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts