HDCP 2.2 Cannot play

Pappa

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
Le Roy, NY
So, I have had the Hopper 3, Denon s910w receiver and Vizio D65u-d2 TV for months now working w/o issue.
So tonight I started seeing a message from the Hopper 3 saying my TV cannot play movies because of protected HDCP content. What? The TV is HDCP 2.2 capable, and I'm using the right HDMI port (1), so why am I getting this all of a sudden?

It's nuts, stupid Movie industry anyways. So, is this a Dish issue or Vizio? Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited:
So, I have had the Hopper 3, Denon s910w receiver and Vizio D65u-d2 TV for months now working w/o issue.
So tonight I started seeing a message from the Hopper 3 saying my TV cannot play movies because of protected HDCP content. What? The TV is HDCP 2.2 capable, and I'm using the right HDMI port (1), so why am I getting this all of a sudden?

It's nuts, stupid Movie industry anyways. So, is this a Dish issue or Vizio? Anyone else seeing this?
If you power off and back on the Denon does it work?

Guys, thanks for the tips. When trying it again today I got an additional weird message saying that my programming was not authorized. It suggested unplugging the Hopper 3 for 10 seconds. I opted to reboot it instead, now all is well again.

Rather weird things to have had happened, but no further issues after reboot.

When it was doing it shutting down the receiver didn't help, so it appears to have been a Hopper 3 issue. Hope this is the end of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)