Hdcp error when mirroring TVs

The reason I say it was a great idea, it was a solution to the piracy issue. Now it did not eliminate piracy completely, but made it harder, as MOST will have an HDMI cable and digital connection, and that's mainly what it stops. The way they went about it was just absolutely terrible though. Your source has a long code, and each device connected has to randomly match that long code. Stupid. Definitely needs improvement and a true universal support.

HDCP does what it is supposed to do for the most part as long as the equipment in question is compliant. The failure is that HDMI compliance isn't particularly rigorous over time and can't insure that firmware tweaks aren't made that may scramble its brains.

People are always going to complain about not being able to do what they think they're entitled to but the writing was on the wall with DMCA and no amount of fair use claims or "Sony vs. Universal" precedent is likely to change it.

I don't pity those who didn't do their due diligence. They got more or less what they deserved.

Anyone recommend a decent hdmi splitter or will any cheap one do the job?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Nothing that spoofs IDs today is guaranteed to work past the next firmware update. There are thousands of voided IDs and more on the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts