hdcp now only in 4x3?

dan188

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
Elmira, New York, United States
On my 722k my hd is only showing Some 4x3 not 16x9 my menus and guide display in the full 16x9 of my tv. My tv is hooked up via hdmi and when I turn on stretch nothing happens. Any one else have this issue. I also have l750. It's on all my hd channels. It's like it thinks I'm watching on rca inputs but I'm viewing with hdmi. Sorry my spell fixer re worded my title of this post. It should have said hd only 4x3?

Is it specific channels? If so, I'd say it might be the network. Like Encore HD showing Freddy vs. Jason in letterbox last night. If it's every channel, try to reset your receiver. I have a 722k connected via HDMI to a Samsung with hdcp enabled. Everything works as should.

dan188 said:
On my 722k my hd is only showing Some 4x3 not 16x9 my menus and guide display in the full 16x9 of my tv. My tv is hooked up via hdmi and when I turn on stretch nothing happens. Any one else have this issue. I also have l750. It's on all my hd channels. It's like it thinks I'm watching on rca inputs but I'm viewing with hdmi. Sorry my spell fixer re worded my title of this post. It should have said hd only 4x3?

I do not have a 722. However, I have worked on one. I think that it has some of the same menu options as the 211 and the 222. Try the following on your Dish remote:
Press menu.
Press 6 System Setup.
Press 7 HDTV Setup.
Under Aspect Ratio, check that 16x9 is selected. If not, select 16x9.

Also, check to make sure that no one played with your TV remote.

If our suggestions do not work, you may want to try component cables on the 722. You can still get HD video that way not sure about HD sound as you would use red and white audio cables from composite cables.

As Mojo stated there is a Grey Bar setting on the aspect ratio. Look at the banner and see if what the ratio is set to, it should be normal. If it states Grey Bar, you only need to hit the aspect ratio button once to get it to normal.

When you try to change the format, what button(s) are you pressing?

Did you check the menus (6-8) to see what format and aspect ratio the video output is configured for?

It showed normal. I was using # to change format. Stretch and gry bar all showed the same. My hdtv set up was set to 16x9. It was on all channels. I tried a rebot of the box it fixed it. Guess my box glitched up last night. The hd channels showed like they do on my tv2 on coaxial. Is this a bug or was it fluke? My 722k also stared giving me the hdcp error on hbo. It never did things until 2 weeks ago. I've my 722k for 2 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)