HDCP on Dish (for upcoming Slingbox 350/500 models)

bchandler02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
What channels on Dish are HDCP restricted? I see mentions for HBO, but are there any others?

Reason for asking is the new Slingbox 350 and 500 models that are due out any day. The 500 will support HDMI but only for non-HDCP content. To me, this makes me want to get the 350 and use analog hookups to get around it. I would hate for them to restrict what I can watch via Slingbox.

I have a 722 but will be upgrading to a Hopper once OTA is out, if that matters.

I believe that Sho,and Max are plus all the hd ppv movies.However,it's only a matter of time until all the Hd channels will have HDCP.They are really pushing it these days.

They are just going to have that many more people "cut the cord" if they put HDCP on everything.

Michael

Yea I'm definitely not a fan of it,and there have been lots of folks both dtv and dish that have encountered issues with HDCP.But,the cable companies think it will make them more money by making piracy harder.It's pretty well documented that it's just more of an annoyance for paying customers and does nothing to thwart piracy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts